Phisically carrying USD

Correct me if I'm wrong Bajo, but if you don't declare it and buy property then sell it later, you can't prove the origin of the funds to Afip. Hence they will tax you a HUGE portion of the amount made from the sale.

More or less is correct. It makes no sense to do reverse laundry with white money.

However, i think that the problem is going to happend before the sale: 55% tax + fines + criminal case for evation. But i cannot confirm it to be considered legal advice because i don t do real estate law, i m on vacation, i m abroad and i need to double check with the accountant.

Anyway is off topic.

More or less is correct. It makes no sense to do reverse laundry with white money.

However, i think that the problem is going to happend before the sale: 55% tax + fines + criminal case for evation. But i cannot confirm it to be considered legal advice because i don t do real estate law, i m on vacation, i m abroad and i need to double check with the accountant.

Anyway is off topic.

Since there's so much discussion on using financieros to move things around and across borders and many people often look for sellers with accounts abroad to make real estate transactions easier as far as Afip is concerned, couldn't an expat just sell their property and move the cash out via a financiero, if they plan on moving from Argentina?

Hey, I need some tips about how to take cash into Argentina. I'm taking less than 10,000 USD but they don't fit in my wallet... how do you guys do it and what do you suggest?
put in your pocket.

it's so easy to hide, it's just paper! and if you get caught you don't go to jail. Just research what drug smugglers do and imitate them minus the criminal risk.

They've invented security belts that they sell in all the travel stores and all over the airport. They're quite handy.

They've invented security belts that they sell in all the travel stores and all over the airport. They're quite handy.

That's what I used - and it comes handy if you have to carry large amounts around once you are here! Plus, they scan your luggage when arriving at EZE, but they don't scan people (?).

Since there's so much discussion on using financieros to move things around and across borders and many people often look for sellers with accounts abroad to make real estate transactions easier as far as Afip is concerned, couldn't an expat just sell their property and move the cash out via a financiero, if they plan on moving from Argentina?

I don t think so. You have to ask an escribano.

Back