Phone In U.s.

This is a old Thread but reading the postings I figure that T-mobile and other prepaid SIMs work only in the USA. How about a USA SIM that can work from Argentina to download the mobile app from my BofA account. The number must be in the USA

Play Store in Argentina DOES not show the Apps available in USA? Some suggested an additional Google Account with a foreign address, not doable for me..!
Would a USA skype number work , to download the banking app from inside the bank web page? any XP or comments

This is a old Thread but reading the postings I figure that T-mobile and other prepaid SIMs work only in the USA. How about a USA SIM that can work from Argentina to download the mobile app from my BofA account. The number must be in the USA

Play Store in Argentina DOES not show the Apps available in USA? Some suggested an additional Google Account with a foreign address, not doable for me..!
Would a USA skype number work , to download the banking app from inside the bank web page? any XP or comments

Simple Mobile.
Needs to be activated in the US first. Then works perfectly in most of South America (roams on Claro network).
When wifi is off, IP address is a US one.
Bank of America now works with Google Voice. Finally.

Where is "a foreign address" in this situation?

Go to Google Play and download your banking app. If you do not see the app on the Google Play, create another google account with your USA address, associate your USA card as a payment method in the Google Play. Then when you log in as this new user to Google Play, it will also show you applications that are geographically restricted to the USA including your banking app.

BOA asks you for your phone number simply to send you a link to their app page on the Google Play. This is the link

If you do not see a download link there and it says "This app is incompatible with your device.", then you need to create another Google account as described above.

I've been stuck in the states for two months now. Went and checked out the prepaid plans at best buy and it was still way cheaper to pay for the Claro USA roaming pack on my argentina sim.

Easily Change Your Play Store Country to Download Region-Locked Apps & Games

Yeah, easily change, then easily change it back to Argentina again, then when you need to download some USA-specific content, easily change it to the USA etc. And every time it takes a few days to process.

It is much more convenient to keep a separate Google account in each country and just switch between them when necessary.

Simple Mobile.
Needs to be activated in the US first. Then works perfectly in most of South America (roams on Claro network).
When wifi is off, IP address is a US one.
Bank of America now works with Google Voice. Finally.

Any info on whether Simple Mobile terminates contracts for customers spending too much time outside the USA?

Went and checked out the prepaid plans at best buy and it was still way cheaper to pay for the Claro USA roaming pack on my argentina sim.

If you have one of the recent iphones with eSIM support then I recommend Airalo app: they offer eSIM card with 3Gb of data in the US per month just for $11.
Or 5gb for $16.

Does anybody know a solution to the reverse problem -- what cheap prepaid plan in Argentina can I get to have Argentine number for both voice and SMS while most of the time I'm going to roam in the United States?

Any info on whether Simple Mobile terminates contracts for customers spending too much time outside the USA?

Officially, yes. In practice, I have not heard of this happening much.

And if they do, you’ll almost certainly get a warning first. You can then port the number out to another provider.

Back