Phone In U.s.

What I neglected to mention is the reason I don’t think there’s much reason for concern: mainly, that your roaming is not really costing anyone money.
Simple Mobile is part of Tracfone Wireless, which is in turn owned by America Móvil - owner of Claro.

There's no best option for having a U.S. number.

I've found just using an ATT chip works for me for a month or so. The only problem is that every time you go back to the States to visit, you have to buy a new chip and they give you a different number.

I tried a virtual chip from two companies last time, since iphones will let you do that. Very bad move. I never got either of the virtual chips to work and after returning here could not use my regular service for a while until some of the settings had been restored.

Since the U.S. has wi-fi in most places, to have a long-standing number I've used a voice over internet number. It's with "magic jack" and has a free Iphone applicaction. A google talk number would do the same thing I think. It allows you to have a U.S. number for necessary calling

Yeah, easily change, then easily change it back to Argentina again, then when you need to download some USA-specific content, easily change it to the USA etc. And every time it takes a few days to process.

It is much more convenient to keep a separate Google account in each country and just switch between them when necessary.
few days? it only takes a few minutes to follow that process, and you use the same account.

We'll be spending a few weeks in the U.S. and want to have mobile service.
Any suggestions about what would be our best deal.
We have a couple of old phones from the US, could possibly use them.
Buy a cheap TracFone at any market and buy minutes. I did that in the States for years. A TracFone starts at around $20 for a phone.

Search for "preloaded SIM" on ebay and amazon.
We'll be spending a few weeks in the U.S. and want to have mobile service.
Any suggestions about what would be our best deal.

Search for "preloaded SIM" on ebay and amazon.

There's no best option for having a U.S. number.

I've found just using an ATT chip works for me for a month or so. The only problem is that every time you go back to the States to visit, you have to buy a new chip and they give you a different number.

I tried a virtual chip from two companies last time, since iphones will let you do that. Very bad move. I never got either of the virtual chips to work and after returning here could not use my regular service for a while until some of the settings had been restored.

Since the U.S. has wi-fi in most places, to have a long-standing number I've used a voice over internet number. It's with "magic jack" and has a free Iphone applicaction. A google talk number would do the same thing I think. It allows you to have a U.S. number for necessary calling

How do you go about getting an ATT chip in BA I wonder^?

You had a better luck then. Or Google has improved recently.

i didn't realize my first link suggested to change the country. this is a better guide, and what i did previously to install the BBVA AR app on my US phone. no need to change base country of your google account or wait 48hrs

If One orders from Ebay an ATT prepaid SIM , Will work on my Samsung Mobile in BA..? with a USA number?

If One orders from Ebay an ATT prepaid SIM , Will work on my Samsung Mobile in BA..? with a USA number?

I don't think you will be able to activate AT&T SIM card from Argentina. You need to be on the AT&T network during the activation and enter your IMEI online. Also I doubt prepaid AT&T has international roaming at all.

Last edited:
Back