Photography club

Kirsty

Registered
Hi chicas! I am starting a photography club for expats. I love taking
pics in BA but as a woman I don't always feel that great doing this alone. I'd love
to have a group to go on shoots with & then meet up later to look
at our pics & critique etc. Maybe even plan an exhibition! Anyone
interested in joining - it doesn't matter what your skill level -
everyone is welcome - come for a drink & lets talk about what we
can do. Meet at Casa Bar, Rodriguez Pena 1150 (entre Santa Fe y
Arenales - opposite Cumana) Thursday 28 August, 8pm.

I'm not a chica but I wouldn't mind joining in. I tried to do the same earlier but I guess there weren't anyone that were interested in it. I'll have to see how my schedule looks like on Thursday night but count me in.

Yo tampoco (I'm not a chica either.), but I seem to like to take pictures. And I know an expat girl or two who might be interested as well.
[This thread pops up as one of the latest that people have commented on, so even though it's in the "Women's Forum" when searching, it is currently also on the baexpats front page in "Latest Forum Posts".]
I like the taking charge and setting up a meeting point. (Something I've been wanting to do for months... actually since last year.)
I'm up for it and I'll see if any other expats are interested.

I know there's a porteño photographer group on Flickr. They do 'city safaris' every now and then, and take pictures together.. Every safari has a theme/neighbourhood.

Suggestion: How about just plain artsy themes that we used to do in art school? It doesn't have to be linear. I just want to get out of doing PJ & people shoots once in a while.

Here you have well known groups in BA to go shooting: http://www.fotocafe4elementos.com.ar/html/salidas.htmhttp://www.naturalezaenfoco.com.arEverybody who studies photography or professionals go with them Any question you have just ask me. The first one is paid tours but the second one , anyone can go for free.

Great idea Kirsty.
I'm looking forward to meeting the other photography lovers in Buenos Aires.
See you in Casabar on Wednesday.
Clare x

MIKE1: "I just want to get out of doing PJ & people shoots once in a while."

What does "PJ" stand for?

CLARE1: It's THURSDAY!!!
Meet at Casa Bar, Rodriguez Pena 1150 (entre Santa Fe y
Arenales - opposite Cumana) Thursday 28 August, 8pm.

Count me in! I just got here this week but I look forward to meeting you all! What stop on la lina D is that?

"Napoleon" said:
MIKE1: "I just want to get out of doing PJ & people shoots once in a while."

What does "PJ" stand for?

Photojournalism.

Back