Phuket

I went about a year ago and ordered the Tom yum soup. Shi$t was inedible, so I complained and the old lady took a sip and quickly rushed it back to the kitchen.
10 mins later they bought me back another one , but it was nothing like Tom yum and they still charged me.
If you want real Thai food in BA make it yourself.

I had the same experience of it being closed and rudely being told to go away in the hours it should have been open.

Managed to go afterwards, food was good but their 'spicy' curry wasn't spicy at all.

I might go and bang some pots outside at my disgust.

Go to Kaffir Thai in the microcenter. The food and service was good when we were there a few months ago. And they did have "foreigner spicy" if you ask. http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Kaffir-Thai-10380

I tried to go a few weeks ago on a Friday at 8:30 and the owner asked if we had reservations, we said no, and he said sorry - no tables available. The restaurant is quite small inside but there were maybe only 2 other couples there.

We tried again last week and made a reservation. We got there at 8:40 for our 9 reservation and were the only ones in there for most of the time. The owner opened the door with his arm across the doorway as though blocking our entrance and without even a welcome. As though anticipating we were going to say no, he asked if we had a reservation and as we did, he took us to a table. For some reason I felt a weird vibe the whole time we were there as though we were unwelcome. As a previous poster said, he was rude as was the server. I asked her if I could get my Pad Thai without green onions and without even thinking responded "No". Anyway, we enjoyed our food quite well, but won't be going back because of how unwelcome we felt. I would consider getting carryout though. Price for two entrees and two non-alcoholic drinks was around 180 pesos.

I went there about 2 months ago. The service was pretty good, my waiter was a young guy who also spoke English, he was pleasant and the food came pretty quickly.

I forget what I ordered, my first choice they didn't have that day, the food was so so. It wasn't that tasty, but wasn't really expensive either so I wasn't all that disappointed. I probably wouldn't go back, but it wasn't a horrible experience.

This place is shite................ and only the most desperate people would ever recommend this . To compare this to real thai food is an insult to all Thai nationals

Went last night and it was terrific. Really good Thai food and really spicy (HOT)

Sorry Tom but I have to strongly disagree with your opinion of this restaurant. The food is mediocre at best and can barely even be called ¨Thai¨ as it is very close to being Chinese food.

The portions are rather small and was not spicy at all.

I´m sorry but I do not recommend anybody to eat at this restaurant. There are so many great options to try in the city, don´t waste your time with this one.

I havent been to Phuket but have had lunch at Kaffir a couple of times and its not too bad. Mind you, I havent never seen 1 Thai person in the kitchen.
I think its probably about as good as you will find in BA, though.

Phuket is one of the many places in BsArs where customers are treated like shit. And the food is bad, bad, bad. I always wonder why restaurants get away with this kind of rudeness. It's so anti-Thai to be so rude by the way.

Back