Piano Festival Concerts

Thank you very much for the great posting, jantango! I'm glad I will be in Buenos Aires during the festival.

It's strange that the site doesn't list the address of the auditorium Beethoven on Santa Fe 1452. It also doesn't indicate when the tickets are given out. I suggest either calling 5811 0504 for information or going at least 90 minutes before to wait in line for tickets. I'll be going early so I don't miss Rhapsody in Blue that heads up the first recital by an American pianist.

Usina del Arte is a great location for the finale. It used to be an electrical power plant, now state-of-the art cultural center. It's not easy to find, but once you're at the main entrance, get in line for tickets. The auditorium has perfect acoustics and seats 1,500. Check out the Vincent Van Gogh: My Dream Exhibition that goes until early October. It's ten pesos and not to be missed.

The Auditorio Beethoven on Santa Fe seats 264, but it was barely half full for the first concert in the series. I arrived very early and chatted with other early birds in line which helped time pass. Doors opened at 8:00 for the 8:30 concert on a Steinway concert grand. It lasted until 10:30. Rhapsody in Blue by Gershwin was the highlight of the program for me.

The program for Wednesday has changed. Rebecca Davis, a housewife from the USA, will not be on the program. The second half has other musicians filling in.

Jantango, I want to add my thanks as well. I REALLY appreciate that you provide this information!!!!!

How early do you think one should arrive in order to get tickets? I was planning on going to the 7pm concert on Saturday.

I suggest getting in line an hour before the concert on Saturday. They don't hand out tickets.

You think that's enough time. I've never attended a free event. Someone suggested showing up two hours before hand. That seems excessive.

Back