Pick up the Fork Blog

I need to get one of those aggregators or whatever. I can't keep up with all the info.

Marfa Delivery :

http://www.marfadelivery.tk/

http://pickuptheforkbuenosaires.wor...o-to-barrio-favorite-marfa-delivery/#more-676

Okay so I read about this on Razal's blog about a week ago and it sounded right up my alley. The problem is I work in Recoleta and this place is on the far end of Palermo Hollywood. Basically on the other side of the city. And on top of that they are only open for four hours a day between 11 and 3:30.

Anyway, so i've really been wanting to go check it out and today I left work early and made time for the trip over there for lunch. I am soooo glad that I did :D

I called and ordered take out. They asked that I give them 40 minutes because of the quantity of stuff I was ordering. I said, " I'm in Recoleta, that won't be a problem".

I showed up about 10 minutes late. The food was waiting for me neatly packaged. I paid for everything and hurried home. I had ordered the Bacon wrap, the chicken club sandwich, the soup of the day ( today it was Lentil and bacon ) a Caesar salad, a ginger lemonade and their choctorta. The total price was 86 pesos or about 22 usd for lunch and dessert for two. More than well worth it.

First of all EVERYTHING was great.

The soup was the best soup i've had in BA. I am not big on soup really. In the states, I rarely have any and in Eastern Europe I'll usually only eat Green Borscht if it's made by my babushka. But this, this was simply delicious and velvety and creamy and perfectly balanced. I can't wait to have it again.

The salad was also very good and was LOADED with grilled chicken as was the wrap although I would have like a little more avocado in the wrap. The lemonade was great. I've actually never had lemonade with ginger in it and to be honest, it evens it out really nicely. My friend had the club sandwich and they said it was pretty good as well although it was on a french baguette.

The one small gripe I have was that they forgot my chocotorta :( (totally devastated ). I called and let them know and they promised me they would add one to my next order and even give me another one on top. I told them no worries but it was great that they were so nice about it. It shows just how much they value their clients.

Honestly it was one of the nicest, cleanest and healthiest ( yes I said healthy and yes I know I ate alot of bacon :D ) meals i've had in a restaurant in BA. I am actually planning on making this place my go to spot and I can't thank Razal enough. I would have never found this place on my own, it is this tiny little place at the end of Santa Fe where it dead ends. It is a real gem.

For anyone who wants delicious clean exquisitely prepared wraps, quesadillas, sandwiches salads and soups, yes the soups :D ( Did I mention the soups ? ) this place is a must. It's in Palermo Hollywood and they deliver up to the 4500 block of Palermo. I would also go there if you are in the neighborhood and have time, it is a warm little place filled with nice happy smiling people. And why wouldn't they be smiling, the food is great.

Thanks again Razal.

Attachments

• picsay-1279916675.jpg
    picsay-1279916675.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 7
  • picsay-1279917395.jpg
    picsay-1279917395.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 5
  • picsay-1279917442.jpg
    picsay-1279917442.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 5
  • picsay-1279918029.jpg
    picsay-1279918029.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 6
AlexfromLA said:
Marfa Delivery :

For anyone who wants delicious clean exquisitely prepared wraps, quesadillas, sandwiches salads and soups, yes the soups :D ( Did I mention the soups ? ) this place is a must. It's in Palermo Hollywood and they deliver up to the 4500 block of Palermo. I would also go there if you are in the neighborhood and have time, it is a warm little place filled with nice happy smiling people. And why wouldn't they be smiling, the food is great.

Thanks again Razal.

You are very welcome, my pleasure :) I just tried the veggie burger - hamburguesa de lentejas and calabaza.. SOO good!! next time I would try that and the chocotorta...

Back