Picking up DNI at Jujuy office - how to know when it's there

tom808

Registered
Hola,

I recently received permanent residency and requested my new extranjero DNI. Correo Argentino attempted to deliver it two times but I was not at home to receive it. It has been returned to the sender according to the correoargentino.com.ar website tracking. The status is "DEVUELTO AL REMITENTE".

My question is how do I know when I can go by the Jujuy office to pick up my DNI? I tried checking the status at this link: https://www.argentina.gob.ar/seguir-el-estado-de-tramite-del-dni, but it says "No se encontraron trámites". Thank you for any advice.

who wants odds on correo argentino not actually trying to deliver it in the first place? :)

You have to bribe your correo to bring you the DNI. The first year of my DNI, I missed the correo on Day 1. On Day 2, I was at the building entrance waiting for him. I had all my paperwork from Immigrations. He said I lacked the right paperwork and he left. From there, my DNI went to Jujuy. The next year, when I knew the DNI was coming, I told the correo, "100 pesos for you when you bring me the DNI." The peso was 13 then. I shortly thereafter got my DNI and I did not have to show any paperwork.

If you missed the DNI via correo, it will take at least a month for it to arrive at Jujuy. However, it may not arrive at all. One year, I waited several months and it never arrived. Luckily, I made a contact at the Jujuy office. If your DNI does not arrive within a couple of months, send me a PM. My guy can get you the DNI for $20US.

If more than a day has passed since the 2nd attempted delivery, I would just pick up and go. The DNI is in all likelihood there.
And go early.

I waited a week and went to Jujuy. It wasn't there. The lady at Jujuy told me to come back in a month. I went 5 weeks after that, and it was there. That was about 4 years ago though. Just offering my experience.

Back