Picking up money without ID

rgebtibe bank account
My understanding was that Xoom charges a fixed fee ($5 for every transaction) wheras WU takes a percentage so when sending larger amounts of money it ends up costing you more? But if I'm wrong about that then that's very good to know!
Yes, WU charges progressively more for cash pickup if the funds are sent directly from a US bank account and a debit card can also be used (usually speeding up the transfer) at no extra charge .

For example, the charge is 25 dollars for a transfer of 500 USD and 50 dollars for a transfer of 1000 USD.

The fees are $39.50 and $77 USD if the transfer is paid with a credit card

However, if the sender pays in cash at a Western Union agency, the transfer fee is only $8 USD for either amount.

(I just logged on to the website and plugged in the numbers to get the figures.)

what about you? can I trust you? I'd seriously pay someone like 500 pesos just to go with me to withdraw a money shipment :/
You could trust me, but I am out of area right now.

I am the kind of person who would give you something valuable of mine to hold as a good faith act so you wouldn't worry if you trusted the wrong person.

BTW > Giving someone the = of about $3.50USD is silly. A nice touch but silly.

Just find someone you can trust and they respect you. Then buy them a nice ice cream or lunch. It's a great way to say thank you and it is much more personal.

Yes, WU charges progressively more for cash pickup if the funds are sent directly from a US bank account and a debit card can also be used (usually speeding up the transfer) at no extra charge .

For example, the charge is 25 dollars for a transfer of 500 USD and 50 dollars for a transfer of 1000 USD.

The fees are $39.50 and $77 USD if the transfer is paid with a credit card

However, if the sender pays in cash at a Western Union agency, the transfer fee is only $8 USD for either amount.

(I just logged on to the website and plugged in the numbers to get the figures.)
I really value my WU account - It is a great financial tool.

Forgive my ignorance but WU should not be in the business of checking passports expiration dates.
First and foremost, a Passport is proof of Id and as long as you keep posting here you won't look expired to me.

If your Passport is expired you should carry some sort of renewal in process receipt to show with the Passport. And only worry about proper inmigration authorities.

Iz

This is argentina. They won't even look at the expiration date of your passport.

I think they only check that the name matches, I don't think they are checking expiry dates.

You could trust me, but I am out of area right now.

I am the kind of person who would give you something valuable of mine to hold as a good faith act so you wouldn't worry if you trusted the wrong person.

BTW > Giving someone the = of about $3.50USD is silly. A nice touch but silly.

Just find someone you can trust and they respect you. Then buy them a nice ice cream or lunch. It's a great way to say thank you and it is much more personal.

Yeah I was being somewhat facetious. Anyway, just tried to transfer through WU so hopefully don't run into any issues picking it up tomorrow.

Update: After going to three branches I was able to get my money. So no, in general they won't let you pick up money with an expired ID, but you might get lucky.

You could get a WU customer number so they have your details on file and possibly won't check your passport too closely. Going to different branches is par for the course here, they quite often don't have the cash to pay out. But you found the Latin American lifehack solution to your problem, if someone doesn't tell you what you want to hear, go to another office and ask someone else.

Back