Pilates

citygirl

Registered
I know there have been a bunch of posts about Pilates. I'm currently taking it at La Imprenta (they have a separate Pilates studio) and I am very happy with it. Very reasonable - 195 pesos for 12 classes a month (1 time 20 pesos initiation fee) & if you take the 6:00 class, the instructor speaks English as well (I can get by in Spanish but appreciate clarification in English from time to time).

They have classes pretty much all day every day and I haven't had any problems.

2 thumbs up.

does anyone know of a good studio in San Telmo/Montserrat. i prefer mat pilates

That pilates studio is two blocks from my work, thus no where near San Telmo/Monserrat. And, they work on machines not mat work as you requested. I didn't suggest this place because it doesn't come close to meeting the criteria you specified....

mini said:
That pilates studio is two blocks from my work, thus no where near San Telmo/Monserrat. And, they work on machines not mat work as you requested. I didn't suggest this place because it doesn't come close to meeting the criteria you specified....

sometimes its just better to grin & bear it. do you know what the prices are like?

La Imprenta - it's on Migueletes btwn Jorge Newbery and Maure. It's a big gym but the Pilates studio is separate (next door) - you can join one or both.

I have no idea if they have a website.

Hi All,

My wife and I have been taking Pilates instruction with Jeanajoon
([email protected]) and I want to recommend her highly
to board members. She comes to our apartment for private lessons
for the two of us. We are highly disparate in fitness, flexibility and
strength plus we both have back issues.

Jeana has given us challenging classes accommodating our vast
differences and helping us to progress rapidly while protecting
our vulnerable backs. She is careful, highly professional, friendly
and fun at the same time.

Ryoga said:
does anyone know of a good studio in San Telmo/Montserrat. i prefer mat pilates

I take dance classes at Domus, on Tacuari & Venezuela approx. I guess that is still San Telmo? They offer Pilates though I have never taken a class (in my life! hehe). Give them a call or send them an email, not sure if you have to reserve a spot during these hours...? It is cash only and the dance studios are really nice and light, and there are always people in the Pilates rooms.

Horarios de Pilates
Lunes a Viernes de 8 a 21hs / Sábados de 9 a 15hs

Sede Facultad de Medicina:
Viamonte 2085, (11) 4374.1871 mapa

Sede San Telmo:
Tacuarí 477, (11) 4334.6379 mapa

http://www.domusdanza.com.ar/pilates.html

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Expat Life 6
S Expat Life 0
R Newcomers Forum 5
L Women's Forum 0