Piropos

I didn't think it was that funny. Just awkward, even more so than piropos themselves which is saying something

I didn't think it was that funny. Just awkward, even more so than piropos themselves which is saying something

Interesting. I wonder if it's a gender perspective. The caricature-like piropos were what I would wonder about after experiencing them. What goes through a person's mind when deciding to do it? Is it a reaction? Maybe an exp<b></b>ression meant for a return response? And what's the expected response?

Best Piropos by Dustin Luke..... some are perverted! B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTOxO8Ka5Sg

E

Argentinean piropos..

"Adiss florecita de arroz, maqana voy a casarme con vos."
Goodbye little rice flower, tomorrow I will marry you.
Morocha, te moves como el Bolshoi!
Brunet, you move like the Bolshoi Ballet.

Hermosa, atraes tanto que sos como una pared magnetica.
Beautiful, you atract so much that you are like a magnetic wall.

Ay! Si tu cocinas como caminas, quiero comer los rasgos!
OH! If you cook like you walk, I want to eat the scraps!

Se abrio el cielo y bajaron los angeles?
Heavens opened and the angels came down?

Sometimes the piropo reaches the destinatary indirectly, such as when you address the lady that comes walking with her beautiful daughter to say:
Me gustaria que Ud. fuera mi suegra!
I wish you were my mother in law!

Quien fuera eterno para amarte toda la vida.
I wish I was eternal to love you all my life.

Desde cuando lo bombones caminan por la calle?
I did not know, pieces of candy walked in the street.

Si la belleza fuera delito, yo te hubiera dado cadena perpetua.
If beauty were a crime, you would deserve life in prison.

Some Piropos from Spain:

Con lo que se te ve...y lo que se te imagina; yo ya tengo bastante.
With that you show...plus that I imagine; I have enough.
Bendita sea la madre que te ha parido.
Blessed be the mother that gave you birth.

Interesting. I wonder if it's a gender perspective. The caricature-like piropos were what I would wonder about after experiencing them. What goes through a person's mind when deciding to do it? Is it a reaction? Maybe an exp<b></b>ression meant for a return response? And what's the expected response?

I guess I looked at it and saw a guy who probably doesn't have the courage to cat call mocking those who do for not have the courage to have actual conversations. Maybe I'm just cynical.

Every time I overhear a piropo from some guy on the street I always want to ask him what he hopes to achieve? That the girl turns around, crosses 4 lanes of traffic and throws herself at him, overcome by her awe for his sophisticated sextual innuendo. I'd bet that that has never once happened.

I guess I looked at it and saw a guy who probably doesn't have the courage to cat call mocking those who do for not have the courage to have actual conversations. Maybe I'm just cynical.

Every time I overhear a piropo from some guy on the street I always want to ask him what he hopes to achieve? That the girl turns around, crosses 4 lanes of traffic and throws herself at him, overcome by her awe for his sophisticated sextual innuendo. I'd bet that that has never once happened.

Well, those "Piropeadores" has to reaffirm themselves that they still can _do_ to the women. One guy at a bar in the US once told me he hits on the women at the bar counter and after many slaps in his face but always found a willing girl that saz OK ! He used go to the girls and tells them: Do you want to F*** with me tonight.!

A little crude, and violent, but this thread made me think of this video (NSFW.)
https://www.youtube....h?v=1_Um8OYEVVc

Never really got the piropo treatment... not sure if I should feel glad or insulted. ;)

Wow, thankfully, I haven't experienced any of those exhibitionistic piropos; moaning/grunting was probably the most vulgar. The first half made me laugh. Maybe those responses do come one in several, but I can't seem to find among my girl friends any who would respond that way even once.

Since wearing my headphones, they've happened way fewer times. Maybe a response is expected, good or bad (maybe including being heard yet ignored).

In written form, piropos can also be witticisms that have nothing to do with sexual harassment. They often appear on filete signs, for instance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rich One Expat Life 0
Back