Pissing off the wrong person in BS AS

That bloke sounds like a real tosser! Ignore him and he'll go away.
Steve, sorry to hear your ex gf was so troublesome. I must be very lucky as my wife to be is the most loving, passionate and beautiful woman I have ever met.
I can think of only one person I pissed off big time over here, her ex! In our house he is known as El Loco as he has a tendency towards megalomania and control freakishness.
Also likes guns, but that's another story.

When someone acts like this they are doing their best to frighten and intimidate the other person. Basically turn them into a victim, so it is bullying basically. A way of boosting their damaged egos.

This is usually done with nastie threatening and totally unreasonably behavour. This is their main objective, to intimidate, and normally that is enough for them.

I would therefore not take any action unless they start to perform any of the threats.

I would suggest that you have nothing else to do with them and look after yourself as much as you can.

I would say this type of thing happens in all cultures and by both sexes.

Your enemy would have to be really powerfully connected to cause you trouble. Otherwise things take forever in Argentina and even if you ran into some trouble the whole procedure would just drag on and on. Argentina is not a police state. You do have rights.

Probably the last thing this nut case would do is file a complaint with anyone. They would subject themselves to scrutiny by officials.

".....and, we will need to see your documents to make this complaint*official."

Be out the door in a New York minute.

Threatening to report his threats to your embassy,where you are very good friends with some of the officers, will cool him down. Nobody wants to mess up with certain embassies... the trick to neutralize these psychos is to double the bet ;) In general Argentine like to talk out of their a**, see, everybody knows the President,a minister,judge, senator, whatever. Blame it on Italian roots I guess ;)

dani28 said:
Someone whom I (politely) rejected to go out on a date with and apparently is not used to hearing no as an answer, even though I repeat, I was polite about this, is appparently someone in the world of the public sector (no one THAT important but apparently this person does work in a higher management role) they have basically gone into a wild maniacal rage and angrily said that they are going to do everything in their power to report me for over-extending my stay and do everything in their power to make sure no one hires me (i am currently job hunting) and basically make me sorry for having turned down the date offer. How this would be possible, aside from them faxing a photo to every company, with a note DONT HIRE, I do not know (they do not know who i am interviewing with or even where i live at this moment)

Well, he/she confirmed that your decision about rejecting him/her war right ;)

One advice, to reject somebody in a polite way is a common mistake among expats. In my experience, you wait too much to say no. Argentinians say kill your self when you just say hello. The way it works is the following; if an argentinian says yes to any small and silly thing, she will say yes to anything. Expats normally wait until the last minute to say no. Here is the cultural missunderstanding. However, he or she is an as...

Regards

steveinbsas said:
My frequently hysterical and occasionally violent Argentine girlfriend threatened to have me deported (after I fled the relationship) because I told her I paid $100 to the vet at EZE to allow my dog into the country. It wasn't a bribe. It was extortion. I didn't offer to pay. He simply demanded a "fee" of $100 USD.

She's the one who drew (my) blood three times by twisting my ear or throwing bronze sculptures at me for going to AFIP on my own, making an offer to buy a house in Tigre while she was in Spain, and asking if she would look after my dog while I went to Patagonia to look at property.

If you were a man dealing with an Argentine woman I would tell you to be very cautious, but since you are a woman dealing with an Argentine man I don't think you have anything to worry about.;)

After all, Argentine men are the real pussies in this country (thanks to the women).:p

PS: Overstaying your visa isn't a crime. Don't be intimidated by this machismo (and wannabe thug and/or bully).

Just don't piss off any women here and you'll be fine.
OMG Steve I hope you are over this woman... sounds real bad throwing sculptures.. shit I would be gone in a heartbeat.. and about Argentine men ,, I do not know what ones you have met but mine is NOT a pussy.. his daughter on the other hand from his other marriage is loca...:D

I guess I pissed off my bitch of an ex-landlord by telling her I wanted to leave. It was a temporary apartment and I gave her 2 weeks notice. She decided she was going to hang on to my $300 security deposit until she found someone else to rent it.

A week after I moved out she still told me no one was living there, so she was going to take the rent out of my security deposit. I called her bluff and had a brilliant idea to call the apartment phone, and lo and behold, the new tenant answered! I shoved this into her face and she agreed to meet up. I got $220 back and said "me mentiste". What a mess that was.

Don't EVER rent from Jeannette Hüssar!

Well, technically speaking (in response to the above), if you had a contract and you left before it was up, you shouldn't have gotten any of your deposit back as you broke the terms of the agreement and whether or not she found another tenant is irrelevant. And if you had no contract, why wouldn't you have collected your deposit the day you moved out?

And to the OP - sounds like "much ado about nothing". The person is an idiot and there is nothing he or she can do. Your looking for a job is in no way illegal as when you receive an offer, the company will have to sponsor your working visa and your status will change (well, assuming you do it legally ;)

Ignore the threatener and don't pay him/her the time of day.

citygirl said:
Well, technically speaking (in response to the above), if you had a contract and you left before it was up, you shouldn't have gotten any of your deposit back as you broke the terms of the agreement and whether or not she found another tenant is irrelevant. And if you had no contract, why wouldn't you have collected your deposit the day you moved out?

It was month to month and I gave her 2 weeks notice, which she requested I do if I wanted to leave.

As for the second question, if I was dealing with someone not trying to rip me off, she would have given me my security deposit when I moved out. What was I supposed to do? Threaten her? The only way I got it back was catching her in a lie.

Back