Place to work or study

anjuna11

Registered
Getting tired of the cafe circuit near my apt in Recoleta. Anyone know a good public place with comfy chairs/desks for studying or working?

I'm thinking something like an old-style public library or university library which is open to non-students.

what about putting a desk, chair, lamp and a coffee maker in your own home.

Ceviche said:
what about putting a desk, chair, lamp and a coffee maker in your own home.

Hey Ceviche, thanks for this suggestion. After much trial and error, I have come to the realization that I am the type of person who prefers the work and home environments to be separated.

I just like having the place I live be one where I can relax, and for all 'work' to be done outside. Of course I break this rule from time-to-time, but in general I find myself happier and more productive when not working in the place I live.

To each their own, I know plenty of people from my former job who loved working at home.

I agree with Iznogud-- the Biblioteca Nacional was great, especially on the higher floors. A wonderful view, it was pretty quiet, etc. I actually got a lot done there.

the problem with the Biblioteca Nacional is wifi: no wifi, only in the café next to the Biblioteca.
I couldn't work at home too so I went to work on my notebook in several Facultades, in the libraries of the universities of economy and social science -the first in the centre, the second in Caballito. Besides I went also to work at the library of the Ministerio de Educacion, wifi, great seats but overcrowded.

mariano-BCN said:
the problem with the Biblioteca Nacional is wifi: no wifi, only in the café next to the Biblioteca.
I couldn't work at home too so I went to work on my notebook in several Facultades, in the libraries of the universities of economy and social science -the first in the centre, the second in Caballito. Besides I went also to work at the library of the Ministerio de Educacion, wifi, great seats but overcrowded.

Depending on what kind fo work/study you are doing, no wifi may actually be a pro for efficiency / productivity ;)

I like to hang out at the Plaza Bar at the marriot. Good wifi, good coffee, good wines by the glass and excellent bar snacks!

You have to try going to the national library, "Biblioteca Nacional". Google it and you will find a great pleace :)

Back