Plants for Balconies and Terraces

mbw

Registered
My small balconies and terraces are ugly. Does anyone know someone who can design nice container gardens and do the work of buying and planting? I live in Recoleta/Barrio Norte. Also, any thoughts, other than Jumbo, for buying some nice patio furniture?

mbw said:
My small balconies and terraces are ugly. Does anyone know someone who can design nice container gardens and do the work of buying and planting? I live in Recoleta/Barrio Norte. Also, any thoughts, other than Jumbo, for buying some nice patio furniture?
There's a florist, Ritucci, on Paraguay between Talcuahano and Libertad who has good balcony stuff. Good quality , good pricing. If you want to pay someone to help with the work, ask him.

Good garden furniture stores are located in areas where there are homes with gardens. There are many quality stores on Libertador, between La Lucila and Tigre.

A Google search using "Muebles de Jardin+Buenos Aires" should yield a few addresses.

You can go to Tigre for the day to do plant and furniture shopping. It's much cheaper than the city and with labor prices so low, they'll deliver it all to you. Some places will put the plants in the containers before delivering...I'm sure any of them will do that for the right price.

Plus it's a good excuse to hang out in Tigre for a while.

There re 2 large nurseries in the city. One is on Pueyrredon and the other is on Scalabrini Ortiz. Not sure of the cross streets, but I'd guess Tucuman (P) and Gorriti (SO) Both have excellent selections of plants. They both will deliver and probably will do the planting.
Last year, I bought some really nice terrace chairs at the Coto behind the Abasto Shopping Center

I don't know what container gardens are but we have a plant lady who keeps our plants looking nice.

PM me if you'd like and I'll get you her number.

Reactions: mbw
Thanks, if I need her number, I will contact you

mbw - can you PM what type of prices Claudio charges? Thanks!

Back