Plastic Surgury

Amalia

Registered
I was wondering if anyone has had an experience with getting plastic surgery in BA. I've heard that procedures here are reliable and inexpensive. I wanted to look into liposuction, lipo disolve and smart lipo.[FONT=&quot][/FONT] Any suggestions or referrals? Thanks!

Centro Medico Uriburu is well known..I have a male friend from Canada who does everything there he is happy.. Look it up It´s in REcoletta. Good luck

Danna = Danabuenosaires

Amalia said:
I was wondering if anyone has had an experience with getting plastic surgery in BA. I've heard that procedures here are reliable and inexpensive. I wanted to look into liposuction, lipo disolve and smart lipo.[FONT=&quot][/FONT] Any suggestions or referrals? Thanks!

Beware of inexpensive surgery. Medical standards and ethics are not the same. I heard and went through some horror stories (even as a dual citizen););). I would suggest you to go to a top university professor with international standards, who would still have much better rates .
I had a wonderful experience with Prof. Dr. Hector Lanza, Head of Reconstructive and Plastic Unit at a Main teaching Hospital.
Trained and worked in the US, too.
Email me if you want his coordinates. There is also a lot of info about him on Google

Hi Im having reconstructive surgery on my nose (I was in a car accident a few years back) and Im thinking of getting it done by Dr.Oscar Zimman. He is a top University Professor. Ive looked into his work, he has written alot of papers, chairs various prestigious comitees etc. Im just wondering has anyone had anything done with him?

This is a referral service, very good. Let him do the work for you. He knows the doctors, the system and doesn't charge the patient any special fees. I really enjoyed working with him and I think when you are uncertain it helps to be able to rely7 on an expert.

Christopher Henson

RefreshMed
Refresh | Renew | Relax
www.refresh-med.com

US Office (800) 803-8502 x.101
Buenos Aires Office +54-11-4775-7811
Buenos Aires Mobile +54-9-11-6855-1052
[email protected]

people need to remember that plastic surgery is exactly that: surgery!

good and bad things can happen and its not something to take lightly. in liposuction a 'basic' plastic surgery. they take a wand or stick like thing and separate your skin from everything underneath to suck out the fat. i know two people who afterwards had their nerves destroyed and have no feeling in those areas and nearby - a great help for shaving and eating. a face 'job' or facelift means peeling off your face and putting it back on. its not something you should fool around without knowing the risks and associated problems.

M.R.S.A. and resistent staff infections are fairly common these days and complicate many hospital and clinic visits.

Yes, very true and well put D7D...there are risks in surgery...no matter what country you are in! Do your homework...find a skilled Dr. you trust and then make the decision.

Okay, for my question....I have heard that weight loss procedures, like the lap band, are covered by the private insurance company's here...is that true??

evergreen: obesity has been acknowledged as a disease by the congreso a while back. so basically any obra social should cover a cinturón gastrico for patients with a certain degree of obesity. i think they call it obesidad morbosa here and that would be a bmi of 40 or more. many prepagas offer plans with elective surgery, that might be an option as well.

Hello, Canelle.

I do love your nose...as well as the rest of your body that you weren't born with.

Please don't get me wrong. I've had cosmetic surgery in Argentina and I've posted about it here. I've even said I was very happy with the results and mentioned the clinic by name (B&S on Laprida).

Perhaps the doctors in Bolivia are very good, but this is a site that is dedicated to helping expats in Argentina.

PS: Are you looking for a husband with permanent residency in Argentina?

That is something I can help you with.

But it's also an invasive procedure.

Back