Pm For Cueva Contact

Arronius

Registered
Hello, I am tired of dealing with Xoom. Can someone out there please PM me with contact info for a cueva that will do wire transfers? I'm not sure how else to go about finding one. Thanks!

Try Ria Money Transfer 11.834 today or Argenper (Ria's Argentine partner)...they have accounts in US and will allow transfer and pick up with little drama...and it's the fastest. Referenced in other threads here recently. Otherwise, I'd love to help you out...but my "guy" is up here in Córdoba, which only helps you if you have an Argie bank account where they can deposit.

I didn't know whether it was kosher to post the links here..."The Google" should bring these up as first results.

Can't do Ria because, as was also mentioned in another thread, you can't send money to yourself. But yeah, having a "guy" is just what I was looking for. Thanks though!

Can't do Ria because, as was also mentioned in another thread, you can't send money to yourself. But yeah, having a "guy" is just what I was looking for. Thanks though!

Try Argenper directly. Their fee should be right on par with other options and a bit more "en blanco" http://www.argenper.com.ar/sucursales.php. Will PM the email that we use to claim funds...that should get you on the right track.

Hello, I am tired of dealing with Xoom. Can someone out there please PM me with contact info for a cueva that will do wire transfers? I'm not sure how else to go about finding one. Thanks!

Hi Arronius, hope you are well.

You could try Exchange4free they offer bank-to-bank transfers and cash collections.

I will send you a PM :)
Tara

Hmm, thanks for all the info guys. Went to one of the cuevas someone recommended but they said they don't accept transfers. Then tried Ria (didn't think it would work to send to myself, but wanted to try anyway), but Ria told me there were no pickup locations near BsAs, so I didn't even make it that far into the process.

Honestly can't see much of a difference between Xoom and exchange4free. Was looking for something better. :(

But seriously thanks for trying to help anyway.

You are gonna be hard pressed to find a service that does this, even traditional cuevas stay away from this because it creates a paper trail. Your best bet is to find another expat who you can send dollars to a US account and will give you the pesos here. Its just not always easy finding someone who has an abundance of Pesos and wants the USD OUTSIDE of the country...

I was looking for a similar arrangement and found that they expect a higher cut for their involvement, whether that is a crappy blue rate (10% less than normal) or they want a standard USD fee added to the blue rate...

Back