Poder (Power of Attorney) Question

SVBA_97

Registered
Hello All,

I tried to get a power of attorney in January of this year while in Argentina, giving a family friend power to list and/or sell a property I jointly own with my spouse, but the escribano refused to let me sign as I don't speak Spanish (although understand well enough and could answer his questions in yes or no). We have no current plans to sell the property however this could change at any time and I don't want to have to travel just to list the property. I have no problem coming back to complete the sale.

I want to try again when I come back at the end of the year and want any recommendations for someone who will either 1) speak English or 2) be comfortable with me bringing an interpreter (family member) to assist me.

Thanks

Hello All,

I tried to get a power of attorney in January of this year while in Argentina, giving a family friend power to list and/or sell a property I jointly own with my spouse, but the escribano refused to let me sign as I don't speak Spanish (although understand well enough and could answer his questions in yes or no). We have no current plans to sell the property however this could change at any time and I don't want to have to travel just to list the property. I have no problem coming back to complete the sale.

I want to try again when I come back at the end of the year and want any recommendations for someone who will either 1) speak English or 2) be comfortable with me bringing an interpreter (family member) to assist me.

Thanks
Lavalle 1310, it is more expensive but he speaks English. Go with a relative, your wife is better.

Back