Poker night anyone?

Hey guys!

I have been wanting to start a weekly poker game for a while now, both to have fun, meet new folks, and maybe even raise a little money for my charity project, www.BairesKids.com

My thought was to have a game on Sunday or Monday night (slow nights for much else) but could be any night really. Either tournament (with an entrance fee and prizes) or just open tables, whatever folks preferred. I'll provide cards, chips, and have beverages (soft drinks and beer) and snacks available.

My house is just outside the CF, in Vicente Lopez. It is easy to get to by bus or train, and a cab from Palermo is 15-20 pesos. It used to be the Russian Ambassador's house in the 80's, and it's a cool place with lots of room.
Donations to the charity are completely optional of course, but if I could get 50 pesos from 10 people that would supply a months worth of food staples to one of the 4 comedores we support.

We could start this week. If anyone is interested let me know and we'll set a firm date and time...

I'd like to know:
1) Who is interested and what night is preferred (if not Sunday)
2) Tournament or open tables
3) Co-ed or boys only

Saludos,

David

That sounds great, i'd be up for anything with poker. Let me know if this is going to happen

Sam

Hey David, if you're still doing this I'm in. My girlfriend would be up for it also if its coed.

captdave said:
Hey guys!

I have been wanting to start a weekly poker game for a while now, both to have fun, meet new folks, and maybe even raise a little money for my charity project, www.BairesKids.com

Saludos,

David

Instead of starting a new thread I'll bump this to the top again. Does anyone have some kind of a regular poker game that they need an occasional alternate for? Or maybe a new regular depending on the night. Not looking for anything serious just a fun diversion sometime during the week. Looking for some guys night out activities, I seem to be surrounded by a little too much estrogen these days;-) (my wife's comment, not mine).

Dwight

DwightB said:
Instead of starting a new thread I'll bump this to the top again. Does anyone have some kind of a regular poker game that they need an occasional alternate for? Or maybe a new regular depending on the night. Not looking for anything serious just a fun diversion sometime during the week. Looking for some guys night out activities, I seem to be surrounded by a little too much estrogen these days;-) (my wife's comment, not mine).

Dwight

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/estrogen :eek::eek::eek:

there is this online poker group, they're mostly from the states, they moved here as many of you, they get together to play poker (even if they play online), play soccer, go to bars, and stuff like that. I don't know if they want me to post it here, so anyone interested pm me and I'll contact you with them... theres a really big group and they meet once a week to have dinner around palermo or barrio norte.
They're really nice guys, actually there aren't any girls, not because they don't want girls in the group, it's just that they still don't know many.. I'm the only one that posts there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Expat Life 0
J Expat Life 0
B Expat Life 83
tez Expat Events 8
C Expat Events 1
Back