Police Brutality in the quarantine Video attached

Not justifying it. If you read carefully I explicitly wrote "Not defending the police action". Simply providing context. He was shot after attempted murder, not petty thievery. Does that justify it, no.

The video you posted is another one, not the Chocobar case. I'm not familiar with this incident, but as long as the thieves didn't shoot at her or anyone else, I'd have to say just from watching the 10 second video that the police officer used excessive force.

Unfortunately, BajoCero does seem to be justifying police brutality.
Again, when I say that guy is an idiot is because it is always going to finish like that if you behave in that way with police. And he was lucky.

Not justifying it. If you read carefully I explicitly wrote "Not defending the police action". Simply providing context. He was shot after attempted murder, not petty thievery. Does that justify it, no.

The video you posted is another one, not the Chocobar case. I'm not familiar with this incident, but as long as the thieves didn't shoot at her or anyone else, I'd have to say just from watching the 10 second video that the police officer used excessive force.

Unfortunately, BajoCero does seem to be justifying police brutality.
I saw the video. She waited long before shooting.
Here you are confused. The only legal requirement is to say "Stop" before shooting. He didn´t stop and continue trying to escape in a very clumsy way. She is allowed by art. 34 of the criminal code to use lethal force.
Here you confuse the rules for civilians an legit defense. You need no provocation, illegal aggression and proportionality of the force. Also you need the actuality of the risk for your life and this is why civilian cannot shoot when they escape because there is no more danger. Police men, instead, are under the accomplishment of duty. They were 2, she was under numerical inferiority, this allows her to shoot. Her duty is to arrest him of shoot him.

I saw the video. She waited long before shooting.
Here you are confused. The only legal requirement is to say "Stop" before shooting. He didn´t stop and continue trying to escape in a very clumsy way. She is allowed by art. 34 of the criminal code to use lethal force.
Here you confuse the rules for civilians an legit defense. You need no provocation, illegal aggression and proportionality of the force. Also you need the actuality of the risk for your life and this is why civilian cannot shoot when they escape because there is no more danger. Police men, instead, are under the accomplishment of duty. They were 2, she was under numerical inferiority, this allows her to shoot. Her duty is to arrest him of shoot him.

Thanks for explaining Bajo, I did not know that.

Regarding the Coronavirus guy, I agree he was probably an idiot and breaking the law. Did he deserve to get his face bashed in for it though? They should have just arrested him.

Thanks for explaining Bajo, I did not know that.

Regarding the Coronavirus guy, I agree he was probably an idiot and breaking the law. Did he deserve to get his face bashed in for it though? They should have just arrested him.
Obviously he resisted the arrest. He confessed it.

Back