Police Rebelion Provincia de Bs.As.

AF desperate, under siege in Olivos...! sad situation.. Cristina must solve this soon . She should face the cops..! She Rules..Kickoff no word..!

Golpe Blando....?

Last edited:
Argentina is one big protest. Past, present and future, nothing but protesting. Why is that? Because the people here have it so bad.
That’s very true, sadly. It’s 90% wishful thinking when we get excited about a protest movement that we hope might actually change things. Sadly without a massive show of people power I doubt anything to do with injustice, mismanagement or corruption can ever actually change in Argentina.
By simply depending on its institutions to solve problems one can only expect more disappointment.
Hence while the police are acting “illegally” by protesting, they know it’s the only way they can hope to get any traction whatsoever.

AF desperate, under siege in Olivos...! sad situation.. Cristina must solve this soon . She should face the cops..! She Rules..Kickoff no word..!

Golpe Blando....?
He took a helicopter out, he’s in Quilmes trashing the police saying that playing their sirens won’t solve anything. The police also denied a request from him to meet with them.

I'll forward this to the "defund the police" people back home.
This whole "defunding the police department thing" is nothing more than a nutty, liberal stunt, bent on disrupting order in the community.

There needs to be some kind of law enforcement in the community. Things would be very bad without a police presence.

The problem is that the police and their methods need to be updated and held accountable for the times when they fail in their mission to protect and serve the community that employs them.

I don't think there are many that want to literally defund the police. I'm sure there are a few extremists, but most sensible people who believe in reforming police practices, don't want to eliminate or totally defund them. $200 - $300k for police salaries is a bit ridiculous though. Then they probably make 75% of their salaries in retirement.

As to the police officers in Argentina, it's a shame how little resources are allocated to them. I've read some departments don't even have gasoline at times to do patrols, vehicles stay broken forever, officers are paid poverty wages. It's no wonder many of them are corrupt. Can you really blame them?

I don't think there are many that want to literally defund the police. I'm sure there are a few extremists, but most sensible people who believe in reforming police practices, don't want to eliminate or totally defund them. $200 - $300k for police salaries is a bit ridiculous though. Then they probably make 75% of their salaries in retirement.

As to the police officers in Argentina, it's a shame how little resources are allocated to them. I've read some departments don't even have gasoline at times to do patrols, vehicles stay broken forever, officers are paid poverty wages. It's no wonder many of them are corrupt. Can you really blame them?

Dougie,

There really is a group, somewhat small yet very vocal, who truly want to defund police departments. They are hanging their hat on the bad job performed by a minority of the people who work in law enforcement. The thinking seems to be that if the police are not funded, then the mis deeds of a few will not occur.

This group is intent on disrupting communities and society. They are prepared to do whatever it takes and accept whatever fallout there may be, for everyone, not just themselves, in order to prevail in their agenda.

This is an angry mob of people, who are so angry, that they have lost their ability to be objective, and problem solving. They fail to see all the good that police do and all the bad that they prevent. I believe their focus should be on cleaning up the profession, holding people accountable and weeding out the poor performers who hide behind unions.

This group of people and other similar groups with radical ideas, have become the puppets of billionaires like George Soros who want to engineer society to reflect their ideals and views. The game plan is to create chaos and anarchy such that after enough craziness has happened, and the population in mentally spent, those who crave power and control can save everyone. Thus cementing their (The social engineers.) status as close to God as one can get on this earth.

There is no way, I don't care what someone's argument is, that US police officers should be making the kind of money they do. Or having the kind of retirement packages that they enjoy. They are simply over compensated at the expense of breaking the backs of the tax payers.

I have to believe there are people who are on "the outside" of the brotherhood of police, fire and emergency service workers who would be thrilled to have those jobs for less compensation. I don't have a number, but I'll throw 25% to 50% less. It still would be a very well paid profession.

All this police detailed work is nuts. There are some real pigs who gobble up all the detail pay they can. That is what boosts their numbers.

But consider this:

The average US truck driver has to work with a log book system that is the tool to monitor hours of service. The thinking is that a person can only operate their rig / truck so many hours per day or weekly period before they are fatigued. A fatigued driver is a danger on roadways. Falling asleep at the wheel and causing a serious or fatal accident as an example of what is trying to be prevented.

The industry is starved for drivers because of the hours of service rules. The government does not care about a private company, it's priority is on public safety, as it should be.

Well, taking the previous thought to this one, how can that same government justify a pig of a police officer who works 50 or 60 hours then grabs 20 to 30 more hours of detail pay in a single week? Mind you, this police officer is as human as that truck driver, yet the policeman or woman has a gun available to them in the pursuit of doing their job.

I have to believe that any human working that many hours in a week does not have solid ability to judge the use of deadly force. The fatigued factor is a definite. As you can see my point, this is a serious problem.

We need hours of service rules for police officers, emergency personnel etc ... spread the hours across more people, reduce the pay, emply more people etc ...

Given what I just stated, instead of defunding the police departments, I'd opt for privatizing them. Put them (The police departments.) in the hands of qualified private entities who would restructure and reduce waste. Simply cut costs. Privatization with oversight would be an interesting science experiment if you ask me.

This post has gotten a bit long, so I'll close with this:

The compensation of an Argentine police officer is a joke. But, one can argue that any job someone does in the country has a joke of a compensation rate. Their are Amazon workers who make more than most Argentines do. But that is the difference in first world vs developing world.

I have no important answers, but I have a few ideas as you can see.

If they didn't have to fund the very large job creation section of the force they might have funds to spare to increase the salaries of those who actually police. Most of the police I see are standing about on the pavement looking at their phones and smoking fags.

If they didn't have to fund the very large job creation section of the force they might have funds to spare to increase the salaries of those who actually police. Most of the police I see are standing about on the pavement looking at their phones and smoking fags.
You have described police all over the world UK. This what is done while out in the field.

Go past a construction site needing a policeman at either end to regulate the flow of two way traffic. More times than not both policemen are standing together, side by side at the same end of the site engaged in conversation, while the other end is left unattended / un regulated.

Or they (the policemen) are looking with great curiosity into the hole the construction workers have made instead of being focused on traffic flow for the purpose they were intended to be attending to. That being, safety and orderly traffic flow such that no one gets hurt or in an accident.

It's called human nature. The people who do the job are as human as the next person.

In short, police have little to no oversight in the field. Without supervision and accountability this is what you / we get from our public servants.

Crisis solved for now by robbing Peter to pay Paul?

While I understand their touchy-ness about armed police encircling Olivos, it is not like the police only started complaining of these poor conditions yesterday. If they did not take such an action, would anyone be having "dialogue" this with them in this country of smoke and kicking-the-can-down-the-road champions?

118861831_10218943673842910_1988178029468179853_n.jpg

This whole "defunding the police department thing" is nothing more than a nutty, liberal stunt, bent on disrupting order in the community.

There needs to be some kind of law enforcement in the community. Things would be very bad without a police presence.

The problem is that the police and their methods need to be updated and held accountable for the times when they fail in their mission to protect and serve the community that employs them.

Its really not that hard a concept. The US spends far more on militarisation/'equipping' the police than on other social services.

They 'police' mostly disadvantaged communities for low level 'offences'. This then fills up the jails with Latino and Black bodies who can be legally (constitutionally protected) used as slave labor, 'payed' a dollar a day in a private prison to produce for the corporate masters.

At the very same time white collar crime not only goes unpunished and uninvestigated, but is rewarded. The financial sub prime crisis, for example, crashed the economy illigally, but no significant policing of those financial crimes, with the untold misery they caused, occurred. In fact many of those same people made lavish profits.

Then there is the obvious institutional and cultural racism and white supremacy + capitalist zealotry interwoven with the police's social and political purposes, which of course are also relevant to their defunding in the current US system

Here in ARG the issues are very different, though no less problematic in their own way.

Back