Politically Correctness And Racism In Argentina

I've always wondered, when are black people in Argentina quit selling fake jewelry and start picking up sports like football or basketball? We could use their athleticism. /joke/

I was told Blacks are not only good athletes, they really know to dance and have a big d.....iaphragm

Long time ago Spike Lee said something like there's no such thing as racism, only prejudice (can't find it again on the Net... more or less the meaning, heard the translation in my language at that time)

Yep, and lots of them were killed in the Triple Alliance war against Paraguay. Thats why Argentina almost doesnt have black people...

Actually, they have (the black women who staid without their males = many Argentines have black blood without knowing, or pretending/fighting to ignore... interesting stuff actually).
Argentina is not racist, but the word "negro" is rich here.

EDIT: Back in the 19th cent., 30% of the BsAs population was black

Actually, they have (the black women who staid without their males = many Argentines have black blood without knowing, or pretending to ignore... interesting stuff actually).
Argentina is not racist, but the word "negro" is rich here.

EDIT: Back in the 19th cent., 30% of the BsAs population was black

No, you re right, I didnt say Argentina has no black people... the thing is that they represented a higher percentage in the middle of XIXth century and today are a tiny minority...

No, you re right, I didnt say Argentina has no black people... the thing is that they represented a higher percentage in the middle of XIXth century and today are a tiny minority...

It always strike me whenever I come across a black person here. I have always thought most of them are Brazilian or come from Central America, but your statement about the drop of black population in Argentina has made me curious.

Back