Politicians, the new Royalty

captainmcd

Registered
Politicians. Always the new royalty!

http://www.hispanicallyspeakingnews...-shopping-spree-includes-100k-in-shoes/10439/

"Cristina Fernández didn’t even leave her lavish Paris hotel to shop for the 20 pairs of Louboutin shoes she purchased ahead of her meeting with Sarkozy.
Cristina Fernández and her daughter stayed at the luxurious “George V Hotel” ($1,500-$12,500 a night) in Paris during an official visit to France ahead of flying to New York for the United Nations General Assembly today.
Before her meetings with French president Nicolas Sarkozy and other French officials, Cristina had the “George V Hotel’s Personal Shoppers” bring her several purses and pairs of shoes which she tried on in the comfort of her suite.
In addition to Louis Vuitton bags, Hermès Birkin and Kelly bag purses, the Argentine president purchased 20 pairs of Christian Louboutin shoes, at approximately $5,500 a pair."

100k in shoes??? I really hope that was her own money.... (not much difference these days though...)

It's kind of sad. I think the shoes and handbags are pretty good in Argentina. It sends a bad message. I volunteer for a humanitarian relief organization where the CEO meets heads of state but flies in economy and drives a 15 year old car. But when government money is involved politicians feel like royalty.

Was the french President wearing a hundred dollar suit? Does he stays in hostels when he travels? I don t think so.

I think these kind of expenditures are a manifestation of our ailing value/social and economic systems. President Fernández does exactly what Sarkozy, Obama, Merkel, or any other politician does. Two wrongs don't make a right.

At any rate, the question being asked is a good one: How can these politicians truly claim to identify with the people when they're buying $5,000 shoes or having a $50,000 vacation in Martha's Vineyard?

This news first appeared in the New York Post if I'm right (hum...).

Christian Louboutin shoes have an average price (in Paris) around 500/700 Euros (700/900 USD) with a few ones being priced +3.000 Euros.

So the story seems a bit biased

French jurist said:
This news first appeared in the New York Post if I'm right (hum...).

Christian Louboutin shoes have an average price (in Paris) around 500/700 Euros (700/900 USD) with a few ones being priced +3.000 Euros.

So the story seems a bit biased

Or most certainly a complete lie, but the main idea is that the mud will stick in the weaker minds of the populace and that is the intention and goal of those yellow press notes.., people will then cross-pollinate each other to propagate this misinformation to the unsuspected victims as its happening here.

BTW this is the second post on this same subject and that will give an idea how fast this disease is propagating, contagion is the name of this game...

Oh no contagion!!!! We doomed. Save us Lucas

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MilHojas Articles 2
ben Expat Life 0
S Culture 0
Back