Politicians, the new Royalty

cbonanni said:
Christina is worth $70 million. She can buy what she wants. Considering when her deceased husband took office , they were worth "only" $7 million, that should be a topic , not the brand of shoe she buys or the cost.

Oh, it has been a topic. Especially given that an audit of their financial records basically stated there was no legal way for their personal wealth to have increased that much. Result of that audit - nada.zip.zero.

Or perhaps we could discuss that huge amount of unaccounted for money in Santa Cruz when N. Kirchner was govenor. In 99, when he was govenor, the province sold shares in YPF. The monies recieved for those shares were anywhere from 600MM to 1 Billion USD. (what's 400MM btwn friends). There is ZERO record of what that money was used for or where it went. His/the gov'ts position was that "the money was invested in public works". However no one knows exactly how much was ever invested, in what and where the rest of the monies went.

So yes, I agree with you. In the grand scheme of shady dealings, I'd be a lot more concerned about those type of things rather than her shoe shopping.

Although I wonder if she'll pay her import duties on them:rolleyes: (and if she did buy 20 pairs, the price would be, as stated, probably 100k PESOS, not dollars)

Lucas, This is a valid discussion. El Argentino should not criticize the New York Post, and the denial from the spokesman was weak, perhaps as others point out it may have been pesos, not dollars she spent. My point was that politicians in general seem hipocritical when they do not practice what they preach. Here is a photo of the president in New York sporting her new shoes from Hispanically Speaking News:
http://www.hispanicallyspeakingnews...ke-a-look-at-cristinas-brand-new-shoes/10450/

I am sure Christina has the connections to find some "Export Credits" , possibly in chicken feed , or maybe alfajores , to "offset" her imports......

I think she still has a huge import credit for the Bullet Trains she bought from France. Anybody ride on one yet?

I figured it was bunk. I don't trust what anybody says in Argentina... audits, official reports, newspaper stories... you really can't trust any of it. Corruption runs too deep.

There must be something really magical about Argentina since money seems to just disappear! :)

Back