Poll: Working Argentine Holidays

Do you have today off?

• Yes, I'm celebrating Día de la Soberanía!

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No, I don't get Argentine holidays off.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpAMMTHRJbI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I'm British/French and I'm mourning our loss in the Battle de Vuelta de Obligado

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No, I always work unlike those lazy Argentines.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Yes, I never work unlike those workaholic Argentines.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not working but I don't know/don't care why.

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

EdRooney

Registered
Happy Sovereignty Day forum! Today's question: do you get Argentine holidays off or are you a slave to the mother country's timeclock?

Talk amongst yourselves...

I don't have today off. But I like what I do, so it does not matter. Also, the streets are empty. Love it.

Oooh .. so the piqueteros did not show up today cause it´s a statutory holiday :lol: :mad: :angry:
... and I thought they are not working today cause they were on strike :confused: :eek:

Work ? what ? ... it has been .. oouf .. almost 16 years !!!!!!!!!

I can't believe no one has picked Option 3 yet.

Don't make me pull this forum over.

Being a "home maker" I didn't have the day off but spent the long weekend building a shed. The man of the house did have the day off since he works for IBM Argentina and they respect national holidays. At least they get serious overtime pay if they are required to work.

I think they get a day extra of vacation because they have more holidays in USA than here. Or maybe I dreamt that.

Being a "home maker" I didn't have the day off but spent the long weekend building a shed. The man of the house did have the day off since he works for IBM Argentina and they respect national holidays. At least they get serious overtime pay if they are required to work.

I think they get a day extra of vacation because they have more holidays in USA than here. Or maybe I dreamt that.

I can't imagine IBM in the US having more holidays than in AR. When I worked there (IBM in the US), the holidays were just the bare minimum, like most US companies.

I dreamt it then. I know that when I taught 4th grade maths in BA I had to try to not have any lessons on Mondays because so many would be holidays. It would be very rough trying to keep that class up to speed.

It does feel like Argentina has lots of holidays for sure.

Back