Pool Membership

stl999

Registered
Anyone know of a private club with a pool? We would prefer something smaller, quiet and near Recoleta for the summer. Thank you for your suggestions.

AFAIK most suitable options for indoors would be YMCA -Corrientes and San Martin- and C.U.B.A., on Viamonte and Montevideo.
Maybe Club GEBA on Paraguay?

Can't think of smaller or easily available ones unless you might contact Appart Hotel buildings including Spas and Pools and also available to the public. Some gyms do have pools as well.

Maybe if you provide general whereabouts that'll spark some ideas.
Are we talking kids or just adults?

Does CUBA take accept members wthout recommendations by current members and approval by a membership committee?

No clue. There used to be a way though.

Finding a couple of signatures should not be a problem. Just camp the entrance of the Club and ask any nice. well aducated looking dude to help you and you'll get what you need.

If you've got kids, look at Club de Amigos.
CUBA does still require signatures and a hefty initiation fee (3 years ago it was $30,000 pesos). If you've got the fee though, the signatures aren't that hard to come by. If I remember correctly you have to have a letter from a member too...again, not hard to come by.

SportClub has a location on Paraguay, at something like Riobamba or Ayacucho or maybe a little farther from Callao. It's a gym, but the pool is pretty good-sized. I was a member there about 5 years ago. It wasn't very crowded during the days At the time the pool and locker rooms were in good condition, but I can't vouch for it now.

Sheraton Retiro Pool Club has large pool , great gym and tennis courts, sauna and massage, other major hotels as well .

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your insight. We are checking out all the places you have given us, and looking for an out-door pool for summer time.

Oasis (oasiscollections.com) has a clubhouse and a pool, and you can get a summer membership there I think... They have a restaurant and it's supposedly a nice spot for pool parties. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but I think it's pretty popular with the expats :)

It's not a typical "club" with a tennis court, parrillas, etc... But it's a definite outdoor pool! It's in Palermo, I think.

Back