Pop Up Meals

kalitrillia

Registered
Based on reading these forums I have learned a few things. 1) Expats are hungry for good, varied food and 2) Occasionally there are private get-togethers featuring home cooked meals.

We are two chefs getting ready to give up our day jobs to cook full time. One of us is Argentine and one is from the food-centric city of San Francisco, CA. One of us is classically trained and the other has learned from years of experimentation. We are health conscious and focused on sourcing the highest quality ingredients for our cooking. We combine influences from Europe, Latin America, and California and have been working to reproduce some classic Argentine dishes infused with the quality and flavor that we so value. We like to scour the city looking for the best ingredients and have relationships with local farmers who provide us with excellent produce.

We would like to get a small group of people together who would like to try out a private dining experience in our home, with an affordable set price (right now we just need to cover our costs) and a set menu. We think this would be a great way for us to share some of our creations, and for some expats to enjoy the food they might be missing from home. We will custom design our menu based on the attendants and hope this can also be a fun way to make new friends and share some stories.

Please respond here or send me a PM for more information!

I'm in if the transport issues don't prevent it. Will wine be included, or should we BYOB?

For transport, we are located near Congreso, close to many buses and subtes A, B, and D. Let me think about what to do about wine based on other responses. I was imagining doing pairings to do with the food but a BYOB approach would work for me!

For transport, we are located near Congreso, close to many buses and subtes A, B, and D. Let me think about what to do about wine based on other responses. I was imagining doing pairings to do with the food but a BYOB approach would work for me!

I'd be perfectly willing to have the chef choose the wine. I haven't even begun to get a handle on AR wines yet.

Hopefully there will be something here at least roughly comparable to my favorite Pinot Grigio del Veneto. I just loathe bitter, acidic white wines, and yes I know that applies to 95% of all California Chardonnay. Then again, at least half of my fellow Californians seem to think there are only two wines in the world, Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon.

I'd be perfectly willing to have the chef choose the wine. I haven't even begun to get a handle on AR wines yet.

Hopefully there will be something here at least roughly comparable to my favorite Pinot Grigio del Veneto. I just loathe bitter, acidic white wines, and yes I know that applies to 95% of all California Chardonnay. Then again, at least half of my fellow Californians seem to think there are only two wines in the world, Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon.

As a fellow Californian, I share your opinion of Chardonnay (and Cabernet Sauvignon), lowest common denominator wines.

Since you're a recent arrival and like whites, you should try Torrontés - the Etchart Cafayate Torrontés is very affordable and available at most supermarkets. If you go across the river to Montevideo, visit the Bouza winery and try their Albariño.

Back