Pope Francis: The problem is us Argentines

Argentinians still waiting for the Pope's visit to Argentina?
Certainly, as Pope Francis is very aware, Argentinian politicians are desperate to bathe in his reflected glory and perceived political leanings when he comes here.

Difficult to argue with his conclusions in the article... wonderful country, unfortunately full of Argentinians. To be fair, the same could be said of several other countries.

Certainly, as Pope Francis is very aware, Argentinian politicians are desperate to bathe in his reflected glory and perceived political leanings when he comes here.

Difficult to argue with his conclusions in the article... wonderful country, unfortunately full of Argentinians. To be fair, the same could be said of several other countries.
Just how much do most people in Argentina REALLY care about Pope Francis? I'm not convinced that a photo op is going to affect election results. He has met many times with CFK in Rome. He could come here and avoid any political meetings if he wanted.

Just how much do most people in Argentina REALLY care about Pope Francis? I'm not convinced that a photo op is going to affect election results. He has met many times with CFK in Rome. He could come here and avoid any political meetings if he wanted.
Well, I suppose he could do like Messi and the selection and refuse to go to the Casa Rosada and meet with any of the dignitaries, but he's a head of state and it would look decidedly weird, I think. Better to wait until after the elections, like he's doing, so that nobody has a pressing political need to be photographed with him.

Well, I suppose he could do like Messi and the selection and refuse to go to the Casa Rosada and meet with any of the dignitaries, but he's a head of state and it would look decidedly weird, I think. Better to wait until after the elections, like he's doing, so that nobody has a pressing political need to be photographed with him.
Why would it look weird if he said that he does not want to get involved in politics (even though he already is)? Everyone knows that the Vatican is only a country in name. At this point, however, I agree that he should wait to come, if he does at all.

Back