Possible Airport Delay while paying $300 fine?

comicerrant1

Registered
Hey, everybody.

My 3 months expired 3 months ago. I have a 8.30pm flight. If i did the normal early arrival at the airport, say 5.30pm, would that be enough time for the argentine customs to figure out how to charge me the 300 pesos to quickly escape their country?

Thanks.

Back in the day when it was 50 pesos or so, I went to pay the fine and they took so long that I almost missed my flight. They could tell I was getting anxious and seemed to relish in the fact.

Thats more then enough time. Unless (maybe) you are leaving from terminal C.

You have to pay in terminal A, before you check in, at the migration desk at the end (right side) of the terminal. Close to where the passengers arrive.

Calculate one hour for waiting in line, pay, and go back in line (when we did it there was nobody, but you never know).
Once you have the receipt you can go and check in.

An extra hour is not enough time. I did it a year ago, and allowed an extra hour. First you wait in the immigration line for the exit fine/invoice, then take this to the line at the bank counter, and wait there to pay, then return with the bank receipt to the imigration line for another wait to get a stamp.

There was noone in the first line when I arrived, but the bank line even though it only about ten deep, took almost 40 minutes, and when I got back to the immigration line, there were 30 panicking people in line all late for their flights.

I made it to the security lines for customs about an hour late. They were completely stalled. I made it to my flight only because it was about an hour and a half late departing.

I so wish I had allowed two hours extra and arrived at 3:30 even though the lines could be empty. Allow for 3 lines with ten people in each at the speed you experience at the bank teller windows here.

When does the fine start to kick in. In Asia, if you leave the day after the date on the stamp, it's ok...anything after that, and they hit you with the fine.

Back