Posting packages overseas

Hollienz

Registered
Hi there,

I need to post a package home to New Zealand and have just discovered that it is prohibited to send personal items/second-hand clothing etc overseas other than to USA or UK. I've tried FEDEX, UPS, DHL and apparently Correo Argentino doesn't post any packages over 2 kg.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get my package home???? It seems absurd that you can post to USA/UK but not NZ or anywhere else???!!! I could also send it to Australia if that helps. This is very last minute as I am leaving to go backpacking tomorrow..

Any suggestions would be super helpful. The package is mainly my clothing and a few bits and pieces weighing only 4 kg..

Thanks.

I have tried many times to send things to NZ (both new and used) from here and only about 20% of the stuff ever arrived. That was using both Correo Argentina and Orca. Since then I have not bothered and would avoid both these companies

I have never heard about that restriction on used items and seems a bit strange.… When I sent items back I would just state what it was and not whether it was new or used. I would check this with nz customs. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Hi

thanks for the reply! well that is weird they told me that.. although both DHL and FEDEX said it was prohibited, maybe something new?? They said I could lie and say it was new clothing but might get intercepted. Maybe I'll just do that and hope it gets there...

Thanks!!

What about letters sent abroad from Argentina. Do they reach?

Hollienz said:
Hi

thanks for the reply! well that is weird they told me that.. although both DHL and FEDEX said it was prohibited, maybe something new?? They said I could lie and say it was new clothing but might get intercepted. Maybe I'll just do that and hope it gets there...

Thanks!!

No problem. I would simply risk it. I would be very surprised if it does get stopped by NZ Customs other than for any standard checks.

Ceviche said:
What about letters sent abroad from Argentina. Do they reach?

I have not had any letters go amiss and generally they arrive slightly later than the estimated delivery times. Only once did one take a week or two more to arrive.

Back