Posts from baexpats replicated on another forum

Alby has become Aussieland on the other site. Alby is now very confused. S/he wonders if maybe Aussieland is the real deal and Alby is the AI versión. S/he wonders wonders whether AI will be able to determine and reveal to all Albys/Aussieland's most closely guarded secret: his/her gender. Alby also wonders what would happen if s/he joined the other site and got into a vitriolic argument with him/herself.

Last edited:
I finally had a look at the other site. I found that in various threads, my comments didn't make it into the alternate universe.

But in one thread, "Will the locals in Buenos Aires turn on expats or foreigners if the economy gets very bad with hyperinflation," my (altered) comments made it over, but also, for each of my comments I was a different user: HourNute, DemberTrer, and Uncle Wong.

I can't decide if I feel more flattered or insulted, (but I'm leaning toward the latter).

You're right. Alby just checked Aussieland's other posts on the other site. There are seven in total, but Alby only recognizes one of them as something s/he wrote on BAExpats. Alby is now more confident that s/he is the real deal and Aussieland is the fake. Particularly given that in one of Aussieland's posts he mentions that s/he previously owned a house in the US, which doesn't seem to make much sense.

The singularity will be when Aussieland talks about him/her/it self in the third person too :oops:

Lol I just noticed this is the guy who dmed me 3 months ago and he wanted $ for a cueva contact lol.
I saw he had 10k posts here and didn't want to go too hard on him but his posts just screamed typical grifter

I'm rather surprised to find myself on this list of "suspects". Any advice I've ever given has been freely and completely offered, based on personal experience rather than hearsay, with the acknowledgement that I am not an expert. I try to help others, nothing more now or ever.

Sorry you had a similar writing style. Apologies if you're not an alias of earlyretirement

Back