Power cuts: have you been affected?

I live in Gerli, we don't have light since 25. 05:00 AM. Since 17 hours we are back connected to the grid, or they finally put enough diesel in their mobile generator which the government sent us. (before it only served for 3-7 hours per day, and not every day).
EDESUR says that it will take until the 5th of january to repair whatever broke and until then they won't be able to deliver energy. There was a lot of tire and wood burning on the street last night and lots of crazy traffic with parts of the most important north-south connections blocked at the same time (puente pueyrredon and autopista BsAs-La Plata) but most of it did not make it to TV I have heard (we had no electricity at that time so could not check ourselves).

sergio said:
Some of my friends have experienced power cuts. One in Recoleta for four days. My apartment 1 day. Any other stories?

Two, 2-day power and water cuts in Recoleta. Fine if my 83 year old dad wasn't here to visit and if I didn't have a 95 lb dog who will not go down stairs...ok, he's a wonderful wus, but has crashed hard going down slick stone steps and now refuses. Oh and if it wasnt 23 and 24 December...til 11pm and 27 and 28 december when it is 95 degrees out...no, of course that's not in celcius!!!!

meredithonthebeach said:
...a 95 lb dog... ...it is 95 degrees out... ...no, of course that's not in celcius!!!!

Of course it's not in Celsius: you'd lose all the symmetry. You wouldn't feel inspired in the same way to write about 35 degree sunshine and a 43.0917 kilo dog.

meredithonthebeach said:
when it is 95 degrees out...no, of course that's not in celcius!!!!

cause we'd all be dead..... well done roast beefs.

There are always power cuts in the beginning of the summer (everyone puts the AC on). Sometimes they last ages. You should call the electricity company again and again : my neighbours told me that the more people call, the faster they solve it.

katti said:
...You should call the electricity company again and again : my neighbours told me that the more people call, the faster they solve it.

That sounds kinda logical - but only in the way that it sounds kinda logical that if you've flipped a coin nine times in a row and it's come up tails every time, surely the tenth time has got to be heads? Have your neighbours run the control experiment yet? You know: the one where nobody calls anybody and they see how long it takes then?

Back