Power Outage?

afretes

Registered
Hi there,

We've rented an apartment in the Sanchez de Bustamante and Juncal area. Is there anyway to know if power is on in this area? A website?
We are arriving in BA this coming Saturday.

Thanks!

must know the street address supply varies from building to building , will you have power on Saturday? no one can tell...!

The BA Prayer

Our Lord bless my Transformer and cables
Protect it from overheating and Power overload
Make my neighbors turn off their Aircon to keep mine working
Amen

Hi there,

We've rented an apartment in the Sanchez de Bustamante and Juncal area. Is there anyway to know if power is on in this area? A website?
We are arriving in BA this coming Saturday.

Thanks!

LOL A website to give you current power outage status...LOL!!!! This is Argentina...not Switzerland.

But you can always watch the news online to see what is "pasanding"! http://tn.com.ar/envivo/24hs (well, that is, if nothing futbol related is going on. They'd turn off news about a nuclear apocalypse to cover futbol here...)

I live a few blocks from there, and havent noticed any blackouts over there- of course, its so hot, I havent been walking around that much. Usually blackouts in that neighborhood are pretty localized, and pretty brief- the other day, half a block on Santa Fe was out, including Gabarino, which, of course, had its own generator- but everything was back online within 2 or 3 hours.
A couple of nights ago, there were sporadic blackouts up and down Scalabrini- Sarkis was out- but they, too had a generator, and never stopped serving, and everything was fine by morning.
I wouldnt get too worried. Juncal y Bustamante is close enough to where the powers that be all live that any power outages will be short.

The power is out in many parts of La Lucila, Zona Norte.
Which means I had to go home, oh dear.

Power out in Palermo/Chacarita according to roomie.

Oh Argentina, you premir mundo you...

And Xtinas crew is trying to blame the power company. Even though the government hasn't backed any infrastructure projects that would produce any deliverables. I suppose that the power company which is in the business of selling power would rather not profit from a demand surge? Everywhere you turn here it's just one big WTF.

Back