Power Shortage Anyone?

We have an interesting power related issue in San Telmo. Our AC got filled with freon a few weeks back and it stopped working again (the machine has air flow, but its not cold). The AC repairman came again and did a bunch of tests and found that the electricity in our apartment only had 190 (volts?). Apparently 220 was necessary and if it was under it could burn out appliances. The AC unit was cutting itself off to prevent just that. He double checked the building just in case and sure enough the entire building was under the same conditions.

Edesur came by the other day and confirmed that it was the entire block and that it would be fixed that evening- no luck yet though.

We live in Belgrano. Haven't had a power cut for a long time. However, when there are cuts it seems to be 1/2 or 1/4 blocks, or a full block but only the buildings on the street front.

Your lucky dirtboy, we have had one a week since end of Jan , olleros / colegiales end of belgrano. In fact we're just back in from the cinema and my bedside alarm clock is flashing....telltale sign of a missed outage. Delighted to have missed it!

Are these power outages effecting Palermo Soho?

I'll be in B.A in 2 weeks and have made a mental note to add my trusty head torch to my packing list. It got a serious workout in the jungles of Borneo, but I never thought I'd have to take it to a city like B.A :confused: Ah well, such is life I guess lol.

I used to live close to El Cemeterio de Recoleta and never experienced an outage there.

I've been in Soho for four months, and the only outage I've experienced lasted about an hour, between 2 and 3 am, about two months ago.

What is the reason that some places in the city suffer this event's and some others don't sufer it? any idea?

At this point, I'm convinced it's a political rather than a technical issue.

We live across the street from a public hospital and apparently for years there was never a power outage since the hospital obviously needed the power for serious reasons. But this past year the hospital got an independent source from the rest of the neighborhood so we have had a few outages but not that bad, the only one that lasted a long time was the yearly power outage due to the first HOT day of the season back in November. We're near Belgrano.

I'll be in B.A in 2 weeks and have made a mental note to add my trusty head torch to my packing list. It got a serious workout in the jungles of Borneo, but I never thought I'd have to take it to a city like B.A :confused: Ah well, such is life I guess lol.
. I ALWAYS have a flashlight near my side of the bed, you never know.
Nancy

Back