Power Shortage Anyone?

For the past week my neighborhood, Caballito, has suffered long, excruciating power cuts. Haven't read a lot about them in the newspapers or reported by the media the way I expected or it is usually done.
Has the $hit finally clogged the fan? Is this our current SNAFU level?

So, how's it going on at your neck of the woods?
From far away Mendoza.

We had one blackout last November - lasted 2 hours, district fuse blown - also one two or three years ago, so yours is probably a local problem and not the $hit hitting the fan - yet :eek:

What is the reason that some places in the city suffer this event's and some others don't sufer it? any idea?
Probably same problem as we had last November - a biggie fuse blown because of aircon overload.

We live right on the border of Chacarita/Colegiales. We've been ok this past week. However, we've been getting on average 1 powercut per week since January. Just over a week ago, we had three powercuts in three days lasting from 8 to 16 hours give or take. Prior to January, we rarely had a powercut. We've also been having a tonne of problems with our internet since Christmas. We've got two separate connections and they both go down at the exact same time. Obviously, Fibertel have been denying that there is anything wrong on their end (our logs show that it is quite clearly a problem with their area node) though the last time a tecnico was sent out, he was also visiting several people in a two block radius with the same problem!

Work on Av. Alvear and Callao...we frequently get surges and the power was out for 4 hours last Thursday. The man at a kiosk one block away, Callao and Quintana, told me that they had no power Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. His coolers and mini freezer were full of spoiled food and melted ice cream bars.
The day after our outage, several blocks surrounding us were out again, but we were fine.

I live in Vicente Lopez and our last power outage was from 9 pm to 1 am about 2 Fridays ago...it was one of those really soupy, hot nights where you're just dying for some air. We've had quite a few outages, and they last from about an hour up to 3 or 4 hours.

Lucky you - we lose power quite frequently where we live (40 min west, near Moron/Moreno). Like Frenchie, we own a generator as sometimes we might not have power for a full day and after the big storms last year, I think we were without power for close to 4 days.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Recoleta, we've had quite a few but nothing for the past 2 weeks.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Recoleta, we've had quite a few but nothing for the past 2 weeks.[/background]
What? I was in recoleta last weds and the power was out in most of the neighborhood. (At least from the nespresso store walking to the fedex dropbox on quintana and ayacucho - my 2 destinations)

What? I was in recoleta last weds and the power was out in most of the neighborhood. (At least from the nespresso store walking to the fedex dropbox on quintana and ayacucho - my 2 destinations)

It must be block by block. We've had a lot more than last year.

Back