Power Strip's

I bought my US-EU adapters online for like 50¢ on eBay before I moved. You can get them here too. These were simply to change the
shape as I have Apple/Samsung products and they're meant for both.

Now, I brought my XBOX 360 and ALMOST blew up the damned thing. I was about to plug it in to one of those strips
you were looking at and then I thought "Hmmm... this is a Microsoft product, this likely isn't just going to work. I
wonder what the voltage is?" 110-120. Good thing I checked!

I bought a voltage convertor 4 Streets north of Alto Palermo for $199.00 ARS (~$20.00 USD). It has worked great
and has an adapter built in so it's the right shape and voltage.

I can give you (or anyone) the store's info if you/anyone wants it.

Things like hair dryers, hair irons, and electric razors tend to be 110 only... so be careful with those. I use a transformer / voltage converter for my hair dryer and it has held up pretty well, though I've heard that the Hz aren't converted, so the motor isn't running exactly right and that may affect it. I haven't had anything die on me yet, but if you're bringing appliances, it's better if they are 110 - 220.

zapatillas prolongadores...

again, check the fine print on anything you want to bring.

almost all apple products these days have interchangeable plugs- you can buy the apple international kit for a hefty 33 bucks at amazon-
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MB974ZM-World-Travel-Adapter/dp/B002CJNCS4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388237148&sr=8-1&keywords=apple+international+adapter+kit

or off brand plugs for a measly 3 bucks.
http://www.amazon.com/Europe-Converter-Charger-Adapter-MacBook/dp/B004VK475Y/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1388237175&sr=8-6&keywords=apple+international+adapter+kit

The other item not mentioned by anyone is the surge protection offered by the OP's original possible purchase. With the incredible electrical storms I believe a surge suppressor is something to be considered. I bought a couple of those at Sodemire (sp?) for my TV's etc.

The other item not mentioned by anyone is the surge protection offered by the OP's original possible purchase. With the incredible electrical storms I believe a surge suppressor is something to be considered. I bought a couple of those at Sodemire (sp?) for my TV's etc.
Where did you get them? Prices? I think I need one for my computer.

Back