Preexisting Conditions and OSDE or any other Insurance Carrier

nikad said:
If you were told that you will need surgery at HA, but you did that through the ER and payed out of pocket, most likely there is nothing in their records indicating that you need surgery, etc. You see, for what it is worth, there is no such thing as a unified clinical history of patients that is unified and accessible by different doctors, insurance companies, etc. Also, with the passing of the new law a few days ago, they are not supposed to be able to turn you down with pre-existing conditions, this law should be in effect in 3 months aprox.

Good to know. I did not go to the ER but saw an ENT "sin turno". I paid out of pocket since I did not have insurance. He told me that I wouldn't be able to get the insurance company to pay for it because it would be considered a preexisting condition. So we'll see. I was planning on going back to him.

There are plenty of great private hospitals besides Aleman...Some of them are more general big places (like the Hospital Italiano, Swiss Hospital, Trinidad, Sagrada Familia, Mater Dei) and there are also smaller hospitals/clinics for specific specialties (there is a good ENT place in Once).
I have swiss medical (which covers me for several large hospitals and clinics + a truck load of individual medical practices) and I'd recommend it. I was also encouraged not to mention pre-existing conditions on the application form...and I guess, if you try someone other than Aleman once you're insured (I don't think Swiss covers Aleman anyway), there's even less chance of them finding anything out.

Question.

Can anyone with OSDE insurance recommend a good ENT (ears, nose, throat) doctor that happens to be on their list of providers? There are a lot but I have no idea where to start.

Just to update everyone I went today to sign up for insurance. It took about 5 minutes. If they work on commission she made a nice little commission today. The plan I signed up for was 565 pesos/month because I did not have a work stub with me. Normally I would say that's expensive but considering what I need I'm fine paying that for a few months. What I thought was interesting is that I wouldn't make my first payment until next month. The funniest part was when the lady said to me: "Your voice is really hoarse. If you need to see a doctor before your card arrives let us know and we can send an email to the provider".

The hoarseness of my voice is the reason I need the surgery. Well if anyone has any recommendations that would be great.

Thanks.

Back