Prescriptions sent from overseas?

Mediator7

Registered
Hi All,
I have a prescription in the US for a medication they don’t make here. Do you know if it’s possible to have them sent to Buenos Aires by DHL or FedEx or some similar company? Or is there a problem with customs? It’s not a pain killer or narcotic or anything like that.
Thanks,
Jeff

Hi All,
I have a prescription in the US for a medication they don’t make here. Do you know if it’s possible to have them sent to Buenos Aires by DHL or FedEx or some similar company? Or is there a problem with customs? It’s not a pain killer or narcotic or anything like that.
Thanks,
Jeff

Have you asked DHL or FEDeX?

Hi All,
Thanks,
Jeff

I believe that what matters is not whether the drug is made in Argentina but whether it has been licensed for use in Argentina. Different countries prohibit the most unlikely drugs for the most unexpected and extraordinary reasons and its worth finding out if you could do jail-time for bringing it in. My guess - and it is only a guess - is that you will need to consult the Pharmacopoeia Argentina or Pharmacopoeia Mercosur. There are links to both on Google but I don't know if they are complete or searchable - you'll have to find that out for yourself. If in doubt, ask a pharmacist to look it up for you.

Anything that is taken orally, including suplements, must be declared separately. There is a special process for that. I was trying to get a parcel out without actually knowing what was in it and I overheard the customs officer explaining to the client in front of me. She was trying to get suplements through.

Back