price for personal trainer

Ceviche

Registered
My present personal trainer is demanding a high price.

What is the right price for a personal trainer in BA for coming to your apartment in centre of the city, and 1:1, 60 minute session.

Have read some old posts on the topic but now we are in October 2012, blue rate etc , so wanted to know with present day scenario.

Personal trainers are charging around $120 pesos per session these days. I worked with one guy who was excellent, and what we negotiated was $100 per session, 1hr sessions, but I would pay for 5 sessions in advance. That way he has some money in his pocket, and I could schedule the sessions around my schedule. Of course you can only do this with someone you absolutely trust 100% and have their personal info, make up a contract and get a photocopy of their DNI. Just a precaution and keep things professional.

Mercado Libre personal trainers ( around 10-15 of them) have listed a price of 50-100 pesos for 60 minutes at your house.

And I think the expat ( Uk and US) personal trainers will charge higher for the English words they utter??!!

It all depends on where they live and you live. I live in Congreso and the personal trainer lives in Belgrano. I really can't expect someone to travel 40 minutes each way to earn $50 pesos. Maybe if you find someone who lives within walking distance to where you live, it could make sense for them to charge less. And yes, expat personal trainers usually charge a bit more, but they tend to be reliable, show up on time, call in advance and let you know if they have to cancel or change the time, things that MOST Argentine personal trainers don't do. No offense to anyone, just my personal experience.

From my personal experience I can tell you that I was dealing with a totally different level of skill when comparing Argentine personal trainers to the Expat trainers I've seen. The Argentines trainers I've known (again, my experience--not to say there aren't some good ones out there so don't get all worked up!!) have had very antiquated methods and seem to apply the same program to everyone regardless. The foreign trainers I've worked with here were top notch...and have unfortunately all left because it is getting too difficult to live off the peso.

I am an ex-New York City gym fanatic. I travel to Megatlon in Nunez because it is the most Equinox like experience. I asked for the most demanding personal trainer and got him. It is 150 pesos per hour but worth every centavo. I always leave my sessions exhausted! Just like Equinox where I paid $110 dollars per hour! i love it! LOL

My personal trainer, Adrian, is great and we meet at the park near my house. His cheapest package rate is $2000 pesos for 20 sessions. Prices are higher for smaller packages. We do a lot of functional training and kettle bell training too, plus he speaks perfect English (some French and Portugese too). His website is https://www.facebook.com/ReadyGoDoLift

Back