Price Of English Lessons

RuthB

Registered
What's the rate for a private English teacher in BA?

I have been asked to give lessons and don't know what hourly rate to ask for
I think that i will be going to their office in Belgrano

I am very experienced and qualified as a teacher

Thanks in advance
Ruth

I taught for two different language companies in Buenos Aires. Depends on your clients but I would say roughly 100 pesos/hour. You might be able to get away with something like 120 or a little bit more but you would be lucky. I might even say, 150 but willing to negotiate. Your client would say 80 and you would say 130 and eventually end up at 100.

Ain't that very low (if talking about gross hourly salary)?! I have read Italian tutors offering private lessons for 150 to 250 pesos per hour, I am quite surprised English lessons are so cheap!

Ain't that very low (if talking about gross hourly salary)?! I have read Italian tutors offering private lessons for 150 to 250 pesos per hour, I am quite surprised English lessons are so cheap!

Maybe the law of supply and demand? Reading posts from every new person coming to BsAs, I think everyone who speaks English, whether well or poorly, feels qualified to teach it. If there are as many people wanting to teach as wanting to learn, the hourly rate will naturally be affected.

I like to pay $250 to learn Italian from you :)

I like to pay $250 to learn Italian from you :)

I think you got the wrong person. You might be looking for a tutor like these:

jersey_shore__1281387758_7462.jpg

You said you'll be going to their office, you will have more than one student at the time? As far as I know, language classes of some quality in their place is well above 120p. And for every additional student 50% more.. Maybe you can't expect 250 for one student, but less than 150 is too low, if you are qualified teacher. No one will respect you, if you wage yourself too low.

In my company language teachers are earning 150p per hour (full hour in this case), and small addition for every additional student. But they have a lot of classes and it's long term position. So if you have less hours, I guess should be more money...

Basic rate for language classes in BA on present day is 150 pesos/hr and its 1:1 and the teacher goes to the students house.

You start with 150 and after a month or two, if the teacher is good and worth its, its safe to go to 200 pesos an hour.

These rates are basis present day peso value.

Any idea what the 2017 prices for English lessons are like Today for1:1 or group , etc. A person I know said he charges $250 at the students home for one and 1/2 hours?

Another fellow claims some teachers do video online classes for students in Dubai for US$50 and hour , he teaches from a public locutorio in Palermo

Back