Price Of English Lessons

Any idea what the 2017 prices for English lessons are like Today for1:1 or group , etc. A person I know said he charges $250 at the students home for one and 1/2 hours?

Another fellow claims some teachers do video online classes for students in Dubai for US$50 and hour , he teaches from a public locutorio in Palermo

There is usually quite a discrepancy regarding what English teachers charge. But as a reference, to make things a bit less confusing, check out this link from the Asociación de Profesores de Inglés de Buenos Aires regarding suggested going rates for the first half of 2017:
http://www.apiba.org.ar/nuestra-asociacion/honorarios-sugeridos

There is usually quite a discrepancy regarding what English teachers charge. But as a reference, to make things a bit less confusing, check out this link from the Asociación de Profesores de Inglés de Buenos Aires regarding suggested going rates for the first half of 2017:
http://www.apiba.org...arios-sugeridos

I can't see any rate for groups (class) vs. individual lessons. What's the difference, usually?

Me and the few other teachers I know are charging between $350 and $400 per hour this year for 1-1 classes at the student's home or office. $350 for existing students who are continuing with their classes, and $400 for new students, or students who live in an awkward place to travel to. I don't have any group classes at the moment, but for small groups I'd charge say 50 pesos more per person.

I teach one on one in the Pilar area. I am NOT that qualified as in I don't have teaching degrees but I am a considerate and do have great grammar, conversational and pronunciation knowledge. I asked around as well before I started charging. The biggest difference I was told is whether or not you have to pay a % to an institute or if you are just taking in 100% for yourself. I charge $150 and I take 100% for myself and i am still considered CHEAP for this area. The majority of people go to an institute or third party and pay $300 here in the zona norte, because the professor only will get $150-$200 of it (I am told). However, they come to ME. So I would charge $300 to go toTHEM. That is what parents are paying in this area for tutors to come to their houses for kids and adults alike. (All my quotes I mention are per hour. I also tend to raise my prices by $25 pesos every 4-6 months).

How long does a class last? One hour and half? Two hours? Do you do a recess in the middle? Do you give homeworks and spend time outside class to correct them?

Me and the few other teachers I know are charging between $350 and $400 per hour this year for 1-1 classes at the student's home or office. $350 for existing students who are continuing with their classes, and $400 for new students, or students who live in an awkward place to travel to. I don't have any group classes at the moment, but for small groups I'd charge say 50 pesos more per person.

You charge more for group than 1 on 1? Doesn't that take away from the benefit of doing group classes? Sorry if I misunderstood.

150~ 200 pesos per hour at teachers house

250~300 pesos per hour at students place

These are the current rates.

Back