Prices of Electronics Rising?

up-to-date Ipad3 price comparison on between FRAVEGA and AMAZON Germany (probably even cheaper in the U.S.)

iPad with Wi-Fi 16GB (no 3G)

Fravega: 662 Euros
Amazon Germany: 500 Euros

iPad with Wi-Fi 16 GB + 3G

Fravega: 836 Euros
Amazon Germany: 619 Euros

iPad with Wi-Fi 32 GB + 3G

Fravega: 940 EUros
Amazon Germany: 719 Euros

bought a Canon G12 March last year for 620 USD and now it's 710 USD in the same shop...

scotttswan said:
although i got my tv when it was on special the prices appear to have jumped by 500 or so pesos last time i looked.

Just checked Garbarino's website. A Philps 32" Full HD LCD TV is $2999 with a $300 peso rebate and 12 payments at 0 interest with Santander Rio Visa. Delivery charge would be $69 pesos to my home near Bahia Blanca.

Two years ago (when I was still in CF) the cheapest 32" (lower resolution) TV I could find was by Noblex at $2800 and brands like Philips were between $3600 and $3900. Fravega currently offers a Noblex and a Philco 32" Full HD model for $2999 and the Philips 32" Full HD for $3599.

Best Buy in the US offers (on line) the lower resolution Philips 32" LCD "on sale" (regular price $349) for $300 plus shipping. Add $100 for the oversize/extra bag charge to bring it to Argentina and 50% duty (at least $150) and the difference in price isn't worth the trouble of bringing a similar model fron the US. Unless the purcase is made on line and shipped form another state, sales tax would also apply. The Aduana in Argentina will charge duty on the sales tax and shipping charges as well.

The Philips at Garbarino is Full HD, works without a transformer, and has warranty protection in Argentina. I didn't try to find the cost of a Full HD model in the US, but I imagine it would be between $350 and $400 USD.

On the other hand, the only Sony Vaio 15.5" laptop currently available on the Garbarino website has a 640GB HD and is priced at $5999. At that price I hope it's an S series model, but I doubt it. A year ago an E series model in the store with 500GB hard drive was priced at $4199 with 24 payments at 0%.

Edit: Fravega has the same Sony Vaio for $5999. It's identified an E series model.

Just did a little more research...

Prices for air conditioners, washing machines, and refrigerators have (at least) doubled in the last five years (15% increase per year if compounded annually).

Back