Printing long distance bus etickets

Edg

Registered
Hello

I will be visiting and plan to buy long distance bus etickets, on the website where the etickets are sold it says after you buy your eticket online you cannot just show it to the driver on your phone you have to print it as well, I’ve sent several emails asking them where in Buenos Aires you can have the etickets printed but they have not replied; so I’m hoping someone on the forum would know.

Here in Canada if you buy an eticket you don’t need to have it on paper as well so I don’t understand why they would need to have it on paper.

Thank you very much.

Ed

Taking your last paragraph first: became it's Argentina. If you haven't been here before, don't expect anything to be much like Canada.

All towns have little print shops. Provided you can put the .PDF ticket files onto a memory stick (some shops will also accept SD cards) they will print them out very cheaply.

Personally, I buy my long distance bus tickets at bus company offices where they will print it themselves and hand it to you there and then. You will need to speak basic, functional Spanish to do this. Virtually every bus company in the country has a ticket office in the Retiro Bus Station in Buenos Aires and, as well as bus company offices in many town and city centres, other bus stations will sell tickets for the routes that operate there at the very least. Despite the internet, buying bus tickets in person is very common and (I know you didn't ask this but...) for some train journeys it's the only way to get them.

Enjoy your trip!

welcome to argentina.

many kioskos or librerias will have printing services available. you kinda just need to find one nearby where you are. some will have an email address you can send stuff to as well.

make sure you have pesos with you for tipping the bag handler on your bus trip!

Hello, thank you for your responses, I will find a kiosk to get the tickets printed.

I don't know much Spanish but I will have Google translate to help so I think I'll be fine.

Cheers

Ed

Back