Private Health Insurance 2019

Signed up with Cobertura de Salud ..a while ago my doc is from Hosp Italiano...all free including some pharma generic drugs! Had diagnostics, blood work etc fine pretty quick results + free ! If you need quicker diagnostics go to Rossi and pay cash!
Hello Neil and Rich One also, please allow me to squeeze into this conversation on Cobertura de Salud. I'm wondering how you succeeded in signing up with Cobertura de Salud? As today, assuming the government website information was correct went with a friend to look for the 'Sign Up' desk at Rivadavia on Las Heras and there was told not possible. Then followed some advice to go to Hospital Fernandez (sp?) where it was also not possible. There however, at Informes desk, gave me a phone number to call which is the number shown on the government website page (there are 4 numbers listed there) none of them answered the phone. Finally, calling the 147 telephone number, also listed there, I stumbled into a connection box for Cobertura de Salud, someone did answer and took my information but basically not helpful in the end and got no advice on a physical location to go to or who to speak with. Overall very much like chasing a ghost of the idea of Cobertura de Salud. Any guidance appreciated.

Artisans, I responded to Johnny yesterday on this exactly topic, cobertura porten'a has been closed for subscription for ages, as they ran out of medics and facilities. The alternative is realized via 'centros de salud', and in theory provides the same level of service, coverage, etc. If you call 147 they will tell you which one is closest to you.

Artisans, I responded to Johnny yesterday on this exactly topic, cobertura porten'a has been closed for subscription for ages, as they ran out of medics and facilities. The alternative is realized via 'centros de salud', and in theory provides the same level of service, coverage, etc. If you call 147 they will tell you which one is closest to you.
I must have missed the significance of your post! I'll follow up with "centros de salud". More and more murky madness every day!

I must have missed the significance of your post! I'll follow up with "centros de salud". More and more murky madness every day!
No worries, the keyword is 'free'. I called 147 out of curiosity, they replied right away, transferred me to another agent within a few seconds and after inquiring for my DNI and the current address / phone number and verifying my name, explained the matter and gave me the closest 'centro de salud' name and address. All you have to do is to go there between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and get a medico clinico assigned to you ( become apadronado como se dice en castellano ), and you are good to sail.

No worries, the keyword is 'free'. I called 147 out of curiosity, they replied right away, transferred me to another agent within a few seconds and after inquiring for my DNI and the current address / phone number and verifying my name, explained the matter and gave me the closest 'centro de salud' name and address. All you have to do is to go there between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and get a medico clinico assigned to you ( become apadronado como se dice en castellano ), and you are good to sail.
Sorry for the mixup. Yes you have to to your local ' centro De salud' CESAC with DNI and they will assign you a medico clinico appointment. From there you can get blood work,diagnostics,referrals etc .But be prepared for a wait as now there are more and more people jumping off pre-pagas and onto the free system!

Sorry for the mixup. Yes you have to to your local ' centro De salud' CESAC with DNI and they will assign you a medico clinico appointment. From there you can get blood work,diagnostics,referrals etc .But be prepared for a wait as now there are more and more people jumping off pre-pagas and onto the free system!
Appreciate your posts on the circumstances of Cobertura Porteña and it's successor? 'Centro de Salud'. As ever the devil is in the details and it would seem from your writings that Centro de Salud requires the DNI number, whereas Cobertura Porteña's information page had an alternative proviso for showing evidence of having paid the DNI invoice and showing the original PreCaria in person instead of over the phone. As someone still months in waiting for my DNI to be delivered and without DNI, would you know if Centro de Salud will accept the Precaria or only the DNI? Perhaps discussing Centro de Salud at the 147 number will go better than yesterday trying to get them to stand up Cobertura Porteña - which made for a very confusing phone conversation on my part.

31 October 2019
Private health insurance carriers: Official premium increase of 12% effective 1 December 2019
The Ministry of Health authorized the increase through a resolution published on 31 October 2019 in the Official Gazette.

Back