Private Spanish Teacher

Maria Spanish

Registered
My name is María. I am a Spanish professor with a master degree in Language and 20 years of professional experience teaching Spanish and editing books in Spanish in Argentina and the United States. I speak English, French and Italian. My question is: What are you looking for when look for a Spanish teacher? Price? Experience? What is the fair rate for you? Thanks

1.Ability to be flexible to the student's level.
2.To think of innovative ideas to help the students learn it.
3.To be flexible with time/date and hours.Be available on weekends if you can.
4.Not to demand whole month's money upfront or "minimim number of classes to start with" ; Rather go with the flow and let the student feel no pressure to employ you.
5. To be able to travel to students located in central locations in BA and if you are traveling ; please be punctual.
6. Experience is definitely important. Lot of teachers in the market without experience and zero skills as a teacher/mentor. So your 20 years is huge.
7. There is a huge competition from teachers in Venezuela who are available for lesser prices than teachers from here ; and then there are so many teachers here itself. But if you can just be priced adequately, you may still win without pricing yourself out of the market..
8. Take interest in students learning even on off days ..Like "hey..you did your home work?" Yes, some of us need "pushing"
9. Network. Go to social events/houseparties/ba expat tuesday chats. Give your card to every one. you will have many students.
10. Get online as well. so many websites which alow you to teach via skype. Utilize the option!
11. Be on social media. Give free lessons on social media to attact new clients online or in BA. Form your own student group on FB.

Last edited:
Back