Private Spanish tutor for accent reduction

It can always help to have Phonetics coaching like actors do to to mimic accents . Irish, Cockney Italian. Etc

By all means try to acquire a Neutral Spanish Accent. Stay away from Porteño accent.
Have met many expats , for the last 20 years, in BA that had the best teacher here (a lady) but were unable to communicate with cab drivers ..?
I have a suggested phonetics approach that may help..! to also improve rhythm and sentence emphasis.
I don’t really have problems communicating with anymore, it’s just I can hear a hard gringo accent with particular sounds, like certain vowels and consonant combinations, and I’d like to try and improve it.

Don't waste your time and money. If you can't mimic or at least improve your accent by simply paying attention to how Rio Platense sounds, there is no chance any tutor will help. Native English speakers are the least likely ones to lose their accent in castellano, next only to asians. Your buddy Dustin fakes it somewhat successfully, but any porten'o will tell you after hearing half a sentence from him that it's forced. You'll be way better off Investing your time and energy in studying proper grammar, idiomatic expressions and jerga/lunfardo - they will understand your accent either way if you speak properly and they'll appreciate your knowledge of the dialect way more than a fake porten'o accent.
No sure of others here, but I find Dustin Luke extremely annoying. I don’t think he has a great command of the language, but sounds ok through cartoonish mimicry and skillful editing.

No sure of others here, but I find Dustin Luke extremely annoying. I don’t think he has a great command of the language, but sounds ok through cartoonish mimicry and skillful editing.

I find it amazing what Dustin has achieved . Never met an anglo able to mimic Tonada Porteña as he does.
Question how many spanish accents exist in Argentina ? I can think of 5 ?

I'd feel a bit of an idiot if I tried to mimic exactly how Porteños speak like Dustin, I'm Scottish, not Porteño.

I reduce my accent as much as possible to avoid misunderstanding but if someone just forces a specific accent or uses phrases unnatural for a non native it would come across as attention seeking "youtuber" behaviour.

I'd feel a bit of an idiot if I tried to mimic exactly how Porteños speak like Dustin, I'm Scottish, not Porteño.

I reduce my accent as much as possible to avoid misunderstanding but if someone just forces a specific accent or uses phrases unnatural for a non native it would come across as attention seeking "youtuber" behaviour.
I see Dustin as a Stand-Up youtuber like Robin Williams or Eddie Murphy acts in The Comedy Store. Before the web

I find it amazing what Dustin has achieved . Never met an anglo able to mimic Tonada Porteña as he does.
Question how many spanish accents exist in Argentina ? I can think of 5 ?
way more...in Missiones Salta or Sun Juan you wouldn't even know you are in Agr if you are used to Rioplatense...even 'vos' is not used in many places

Back