Problem With Mercadolibre!!

Good point Nikad.
In such a case the seller won't get that $$ unless pagomiscuentas can be used to pay for something via MP.

It's all resolved now thanks. A live chat agent moved the money across. Still puzzled how a code for a purchase could be used and then sent to a different part of my account for something totally different. Esp. since upon entering the code, the correct amount of pesos showed. VEry odd...

Glad it's resolved mate.
I had a weird one with ML. Put an item up for sale about $1500 and the next day it was sold.
Normally someone buying like that would ask a few questions, haggle a bit and the deal would be done or not.
Checked the buyer's details and he had only joined ML that very day and also bought an iPhone from somewhere else.
I then checked the details of the iPhone seller who turned out to have an excellent reputation and furthermore had scored+ the 'buyer' the same day.
Hanging fire till the next day, I checked everything again and found that the seller of the iPhone had been screwed.
The buyer, would you believe, had sent him a .jpeg of his Mercadopago/CC payment, which turned out to be false and the seller had handed over the phone.
Too late.
I denounced the buyer to ML and put the product back for sale.
Just amazed that the iPhone seller had fallen for that trick.

i have been trying to buy an ereader on mercadolibre....using my creditcard linked to my bank in USA. i went through the verification process, mercadopago deposited 65 cents in my account, but when i entered that amount in the verification process, it would not accept it saying it was wrong amount......i tried converting the amount to pesos, but wouldnt accept that amount either. maybe mercadolibre only accepts argentine credit cards? I also have a paypal account but there doesnt seem to be that option of payment on the items i have looked at.....any advice on how to purchase things on mercado libre? (i live in la falda, cordoba, so showing up at a store with cash is not possible...i need to have the item shipped....thanks for your time

i have been trying to buy an ereader on mercadolibre....using my creditcard linked to my bank in USA. i went through the verification process, mercadopago deposited 65 cents in my account, but when i entered that amount in the verification process, it would not accept it saying it was wrong amount......i tried converting the amount to pesos, but wouldnt accept that amount either. maybe mercadolibre only accepts argentine credit cards? I also have a paypal account but there doesnt seem to be that option of payment on the items i have looked at.....any advice on how to purchase things on mercado libre? (i live in la falda, cordoba, so showing up at a store with cash is not possible...i need to have the item shipped....thanks for your time
offer to pay via bank transfer or deposit from an Arg bank account or ask if they do " contrareembolso " - where you pay to the post office that delivers the item -

I use my Glasgow based AMEX card on mercado pago on a fairly regular basis.

Back