Problems adjusting to BA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue

Registered
Hi everybody:
I´m Sue, an Argentine Psychologist trained in London..
As we know, adjusting to a new lifestyle in a foreing environment may be not so easy. Dealing with different culture codes, feeling homesick, coping with misunderstanding, facing unpredictable situations...................
Sometimes we need a helping hand. If you want to talk to someone local who could talk you through your problems looking for tailored solutions, just drop me a line. (Palermo area)
Sue / [email protected]

I also have an American friend who could do with relaxation therapy, could it be the same one?

Hi!

I am an American (from Chicago) living in Buenos Aires. I know Sue. She is a professional psychologist. She speaks English very well and has helpd me adjust to the life here. In general, the Argentine people are very warm and welcoming, but it is still difficult to understand the differences in the cultures. I wanted to leave after the first month, but, thanks to Sue, I was able to realize that the life here is DIFFERENT!!!!

Now, after three months in Buenos Aires, I am happier than I have ever been in my life! This is a complex country with a recent history of very difficullt times. I accept the problems and have learned how to relax..by NOT thinking like an AMERICAN!!!!! I know that few Amerians want to live here, but they don't know what they are missing!

I love Argentina...and the people!

Good luck to all,

Steve

I too know Sue, she has helped me enormously. I used to suffer from FITHS(Fúcked!!!! in the head syndrome) but thanks to Sue I am happy as a Bitch these days and that problem does not bother me any more. Sue isn't the only person who I know who provides quality services though, I would like to use this opportunity to point you people to my friend Bob, he practices medieval medicine and you can get a session with him for only 15 pesos which includes bloodletting with leeches and everything. You can reach him at [email protected] and if you email within the next half hour you'll get a 5 peso discount. Best of luck everybody

Hello,if Sue is a recomendable psychologist, it may be a good idea to add her to the Indextar site....
Elpanada mocks this service but to some expats it is important to have a trained professional helping one adjust to a very different country/culture to one´s own.
And as with doctors, you wouldn´t trust your health to anyone (be it whether you have back problems , a broken knee, plastic surgery or with your mental wellbeing)
If there are other professionals offering quality service, it would be great to have them up on a site like this, no? The website was http://www.indextar.com/ba

"Elpanada" said:
I too know Sue, she has helped me enormously. I used to suffer from FITHS(Fúcked!!!! in the head syndrome) but thanks to Sue I am happy as a Bitch these days and that problem does not bother me any more. Sue isn't the only person who I know who provides quality services though, I would like to use this opportunity to point you people to my friend Bob, he practices medieval medicine and you can get a session with him for only 15 pesos which includes bloodletting with leeches and everything. You can reach him at [email protected] and if you email within the next half hour you'll get a 5 peso discount. Best of luck everybody

I cant get that email to send. Is there another way to reach him? Thanks :)

"Bairesgirl" said:
Elpanada mocks this service but to some expats it is important to have a trained professional helping one adjust to a very different country/culture to one´s own.
I mock the way it is being advertised here and I think that you are a fool for not seeing what's right infront of your face. Let's take a look at this. Sue posted this topic on 07/26/2006. Coincidencially this "steveinbsas" appeard on that very same date asking question which are all too typical and I am bitter for having been fooled into answering. Then!!!! this alternative id "steveinbsas" comes out and reccomends her and her services in the most strange way, I mean who on earth would write something like that????? Do the math and then comment.(Good advice for the both of us really)I will say though that I do think that psychology is a profession which is just as honorable as any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back