Problems Recieving Money From Abroad?

TWB103

Registered
Wondering if someone can share recent experience - as in the last couple of weeks.

I used to use Exchange4free alot without any headaches. Ocassionally they asked for a photo of a bank statement or cheque/paying in reciept to show where the money had come from but no major drama. Tried to get money through them recently and if I understand correctly they want the last 3 months entire bank statements of the sender copied and sent to them. The lender is unwilling to do this and quite rightly.

I did a bank to bank transfer in January and it was pretty straight forward. They just wanted the account of the sender to be personal account in the name of the person I said the money would be coming from and not a business account for example.

Have things suddenly tightened up across the board in the last couple of weeks or is just Exchange4free being deliberately difficult so they can earn interest on the money while I phaff about looking for what they 'need'?!

ta

Made a transfer (2k) with ria a couple of weeks ago without any problems and was deposited within 24h. They did not ask for any extra documentation. I have been using them for years ...

I have used western union during the last weeks to transfer around 15000 dollars. I use the app and sign with a Swedish Electronic id and charge my credit card or do a bank transfer. The rate is similiar to the one my bank would give and the fee is low when using bank transfer.

They don't ask for any papers, the transfer is complete within minutes and the max transfer is 5000/3 Days. This may only apply when using the app + signing electronically.

Back