Problems with purchasing groupon and other similar sites

kkraft423

Registered
Does anyone had any success with buying groupon, cupoint, letsbonus, ect with foreign cards?? I need to find a loophole... I haven't been able to figure out how to buy them, and am getting frustrated :( gracias for the help!

It's not possible. Some of the sites use DineroMail to process payments and you can add credit to an account there through RapiPago, but unfortunately most use Mercado Pago and require a local credit card.

I've used my foreign card on both groupon and pez urbano with no problems. The groupon purchase was back in February and PezUrbano in April. But when I tried at all in the last year it never let me, I don't know if something changed or if I just got lucky that time.

hmm that's a shame. Thank you for the info.

Is it easy to add credit through the 3rd party?

*ps sorry about all the spelling errors in my first message..

And if you can advise on which ones use dineromail as well, that would be helpful! Thank you :)

Look out for are the ones that accept Pago Facil or Rapipago. It will say in the description. Then you just print it out and take it to one of those places and usually within 24 hours it will be credited, I've done it several times with no problems (even though I always worry a bit!).

Some sites that use it are vivoensale.com, Ofertona, ClubCupon, I'm pretty sure, but double check when buying! Some only offer one or the other, Pago Facil or Rapipago.

And then there's Cuponstar which is great, you send a text and take the text with you when you go to redeem the coupon. Love!

Groupon uses MercadoPago to process payments. I've been buying groupons with my USA Citi card for over 6 months, without issue. Even before then, it also worked to pay my MercadoLibre bills, which is also via MercadoPago. That said, on more than a few occasions the transaction would not go through for some reason, but trying again later worked. So it is possible, but its sort of flakey at times.

I used my American Charles Schwab debit card to buy Groupons back in December & January... no problems whatsoever.

I can only purchase items via these sites using a foreign credit card, I use an English MasterCard, they won't accept a debit card. Not had an issue so far.

Considering the spread between the official dollar to peso rate and th blue market rate, I don't want to use my credit card for Groupon. Has any nonA-residents successfully use MercadoPago by paying in cash via RapiPago or similar?

Back