Professional Band Seeks Reliable Intern

Bron

Registered
Hello, how's it going?

The Bronson Tennis Band is looking for a student to intern with us for the summer in Buenos Aires.

What we're looking for:
Someone to join our team, get to know the band, help with promotions and generating fans, and to have fun working with us as we gain notoriety in Buenos Aires and grow our fan base. Mostly you'd be coming to gigs when possible, helping collect email addresses, developing promotional material and helping spread the word about what we're doing. We'd prefer someone who is at least somewhat bilingual, but most important is that you have buena onda and are fully on board with the project :)

About me:
One year ago I quit my job as a substitute teacher and moved to Buenos Aires. After working as a hostel receptionist, I realized that playing music was a more financially lucrative job, so I began pursuing my passion (music) full-time. I have since made a successful business out of my art, and play 3-6 gigs every week with my band or as a solo artist. I also founded a pretty successful open mic (http://www.argentinaindependent.com...en-mic-reflects-diversity-of-ba-music-scene-/). One year ago I never thought I would be working full-time as a musician, but thanks to a city full of art-appreciators, here I am.

About the band:
We are currently a 4-piece band, and we play original and cover songs in mostly English, styles ranging from reggae to country to rock. We have a singer from New Jersey who spent her last 3 years here in BsAs, I play bass and sing, and our guitarist and drummer are Porteños. It took a long for me to attract good, hard-working Argentine musicians to my project, but after putting in the time here they signed on to what I'm doing.

What you get from this:
For one, I have the experience of turning my art into a business that supports me and the people in my band. I knew nobody when I got here and had no idea what I was doing, but I bumbled through and found work doing what I love, in a foreign country (using my second language no less). I have a lot of experience and advice to offer to anyone who is serious about their art or starting a business.

Second - you get to be hooked into a network of Porteños. It took me about 8 or 9 months to develop close Argentine friends, and I came by them honestly. I had to spend time breaking through and building trust. Since I've had Argentines on my side, everything has gone much, much better for me and my project. In my opinion, Argentines make extremely loyal friends, and once you're in close with them they will get your back no matter what. I've noticed there's much more of a pack mentality here than in some other countries. Making close Argentine friends isn't always easy, and with this internship you'd immediately have people (band members and their friends) to help you out with anything and to make sure you don't get swindled or taken advantage of.

Third - this is something interesting and definitely different you can put on your resume. How many people interned with a professional working band in another country? I think this would set you apart from other people who have studied or traveled in foreign countries.

Fourth - we'll get you some free beers! Jaja...

Fifth - we have a lot of fun! The number one goal of this band is to stay positive and have fun. I chose music because it brings people together like nothing else.

Anyway, that was a lot of information :) I have never worked with an intern before, but it occurred to me that I wish I had done something like this when I was younger. I have a fair amount to offer anybody who wants to pursue their art or to anybody who simply desires to integrate more fully into Argentine culture.

Send me a private message or an email ([email protected]) and tell me about yourself, and why you're interested in interning with us.

Thanks!

Bronson

Back